My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I've Been Reading Again...









I just finished reading The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly.





  • Hardcover: 352 pages
    Publisher: Atria (November 7, 2006)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 0743298853

  • I don't like to give things away ( so I won't) but I will say it's was an enjoyable read.
    It begins: Once upon a time-- for that is how all stories should begin-- there was a boy who lost his mother.

    After a few chapters, 12 Yr old David finds himself in another land, where things aren't so nice. There are battles to be fought, and lessons to be learned.
    It's a book that, as you read it, you quickly figure out what is going on. But the author writes in such a way that you find you want to keep reading anyway.
    I think anyone picking up this book will, in the end, have to admit that they enjoyed John Connolly's writing; I know I did.

    ****************************************************

    Last night, (after Dancing With the Stars) I read this little fairy tale by Anne McCaffrey, An Exchange of Gifts.







































    I scanned both sides of this little book because I thought the artwork was so nice, by Pat Morrisey. I haven't read any of McCaffrey's sci-fi books... but I think I've read ALL the Pern related books.
    This was different from either. As I said.. it's tiny... only 92 pages, so I read it in one sitting, and found that it was very enjoyable. I would catagorize it as a romantic fantasy. I will say, that more then likely, I never would have even considered this book had it not been by McCaffrey. (just not into romance as much as adventure) But I am more then happy I read it and that I can now add it to my "collection" of books.
    Hardcover: 92 pages
    Publisher: Roc Hardcover (November 1, 1995)
    ISBN-10: 0451455207
    Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 5.7 x 0.6 inches (I told you it was tiny!)

    Oh! and just FYI for those McCaffrey fans out there... she and her son Todd's next book will be out in December, called: Dragon Harper. You can already pre-order it at Amazon for 17.13 ... if you are so inclined.
    Here are the specifics on it:
    Hardcover: 384 pages
    Publisher: Del Rey (December 26, 2007)
    ISBN-10: 0345480309









    ....'till next time...

    4 Comments:

    Blogger Melli said...

    That first book... did you find my mind in there?

    9:19 PM  
    Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

    This one is on my to-read list and I look forward to getting to it soon.

    3:39 PM  
    Blogger Ana S. said...

    I've been itching to read The Book of Lost Things. It really sounds like my kind of book.

    9:43 AM  
    Blogger chrisa511 said...

    ooh, I just bought The Book of Lost Things...looking forward to that one.

    10:23 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home