My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, March 31, 2008

Dragon of Winter Night


Quest the First...

Read at least 5 books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time II criteria. They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres.

Dragon of Winter Night by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
Hardcover: 368 pages
Publisher: Wizards of the Coast (July 1, 2003)
ISBN-10: 0786930675
Book 2: (I had to leave the photo of the book cover large so you could see the great artwork by Matt Stawicki)


Amazon's description:
The second volume in Dragonlance's seminal trilogy stokes the action with a big ol' blast of dragon breath. The War of the Lance has begun in earnest, and the Companions--Tanis, Flint, the twins Raistlin and Sturm, Flint Fireforge, Goldmoon, et al.--find themselves separated across Ansalon. Everyone's figured out that Takhisis's dragon minions aren't just scary bedtime stories, and the desperate search for the Dragon Orbs and the mythical Dragonlance is on. Lots of great combat, some humor and romance sprinkled in, and more solid character development for this complex band (especially Tanis and Laurana)
Though the companions are separated into two main groups, each group goes after and finds a dragon orb. The orbs are said to be able to control dragons... if the one using the orb is strong enough.
One of the Orbs was discovered to be hidden with Lorac, who is a magic user and leader of the Silvanesti elves. When they find Lorac the Orb has had him in a hellish dream that he believes to be real. In essence.. the orb owns Lorac.
The other Orb is found in the icey north country. Under the care of Raistlin, Caramon, Tika and Tanis, they head out to bring it to Sancrist.
The third Orb is found by Tas at the High Clerics Tower.
*spoiler alert*
During all of this Sturm falls in love, and finally becomes a Knight, Theros Ironfeld learns how to forge a Dragonlance, and a Knight falls.
Tanis finds his human love, Laurana becomes a Leader and Raistlin begins to understand the Orb.
Well, I can safely say I'm not sorry I am rereading this series of books! They move right along! In this second book love is found and lost, and another love found. The war with the Queen of Darkness moves along. And just so it doesn't get too dark there's Tasselhoff and the old mage Fizban for smiles along the way. I am reminded each time I pick up one of these books just why they have survived the test of time!

7 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying rereading this series. Reconnecting with books one has read before is such an immense pleasure and it is so difficult to describe to someone who hasn't done so before. I am also glad that you are posting big pix of the covers because I love the artwork.

12:42 PM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this whole series. Fizban was definitely an interesting and comical character. Unwrapping the many layers of his story was great fun.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Kiyotoe said...

hello young lady. Of course I haven't read any of these books but I just wanted to check in and say "hey" ;-)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

You're really making me want to read this series!

5:35 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Like Nymeth I really want to read this series. Later this year perhaps. Those covers are to die for.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Bellezza said...

My son absolutely loves these authors. I get him a new Dragonlance Chronicle book at every special occasion, and now I surely need to pick them up myself. He is more of a fantasy lover than I, but it would be wonderful to talk with him about them. I'll have to ask him if he's read this particular book you've posted on.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I read book three in this trilogy the other day and now I sort of wish I had reread the other two first. It had been a while since I read the first two and I know that I forgot things! That and I really like them, so it would have been nice to revisit. I am going to read the Twins trilogy next, I think. At least the first book.

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home