My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Olympic Trials

I don't know about you but I am one of those people who just loves the Olympics! Winter or Summer, I love them both!

I can't say I am thrilled that they will be in Beijing, what with the horrid air they have there. But then I didn't have a vote ..heh.


This August we we have the summer Olympics, and recently they have been having some of the trials for the Olympic teams.

I've watched the female gymnists and we have some really exceptional ones! Then there are the men gymnists, I was upset to hear that Paul Hamm has an injury.

He still made the team but now he won't be at his best when the time comes.

Just the other night some of the swimming trials have begun and 2 world records have been broken already!

This year looks like yet another Olympic adventure for Michael Phelps.

Phelps set a world record in his first event of the U.S. Olympic swimming trials, touching just ahead of Ryan Lochte to win the 400-meter individual medley in 4 minutes, 5.25 seconds Sunday night

Phelps won six gold medals and two bronzes at the Athens Olympics, just missing Spitz's record of seven wins at the 1972 Munich Games. Phelps - who turns 23 on Monday - is determined to knock off the mark in Beijing.

I am finding the trials every bit as exciting as the Olympics!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Big Olympics fan here too. My favourite event being the athletics - what you call 'track and field' I believe. Our trials for that are the weekend after next I think. I'm not thrilled that they're being held in Bejing either but, weirdly, they didn't ask for my vote either. Cheek!

8:59 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

I'm also a fan but the upcoming games are leaving me just a little cold. China should never have been awarded the games and the pollution is just a small part of the problem. Have you seen the reports of the huge algae bloom that just occured in the bay where all the sailing events are to take place? It's so choked with algae that nothing is going to be able to sail through those waters!

But, that said, I'll still be watching and rooting for the USA - especailly Michael Phelps!

cjh

9:20 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: Imagine that! You weren't asked either huh? See, now if they HAD asked us, they'd be in a nicer place lol

cj: ewwwwwwwww, no I hadn't heard that one! Hopefully the algae will die before then??? It's just amazing that the way they seem to pick where the olympics will be held is by how much money they can spend... that's just wrong!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love the olympics too. And I've been watching the trials as well. Gymnastics. Swimming. Diving. those are my favorites, though I admit that I tend to watch much more than just those :)

12:41 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Becky: me too ! I like the Olympics so much that in the winter one I even enjoy Curling! lol.. and that's not what one calls "exciting" lol

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The track and field Olympic Trials are happening 50 miles from me right now. It is all over the news and pretty cool....except Eugene has the highest pollen count in the country right now. Those poor athletes and their allergies!

11:44 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn: Oh neat!... well the trials that is, not the pollen! Did you get your ARC book yet??

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home