My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Beds to the right of me...

Beds to the left of me....

Beds all over the place!

Needless to say My doctor, my back, and the very ancient twin bed I have been sleeping in all told me I had no choice but to get a new bed. On my SS income, it's not really something you want to hear. Especially when the last time you bought a new bed you can't even remember what it cost .. that's how long ago it was!

A word of caution: if you don't really NEED a new bed... don't go looking! It was me and my charge card all the way! I was silly to think I might pay by check!

It's a well known fact that a person spends more than half of their life "in bed", and if you already have any sort of back problem (or even if you don't and don't want to get one).. a decent bed is necessary.

It doesn't mean you have to get the most expensive! (Lord, I'd be paying the rest of my life if I did that!.. I saw beds over 3,000.00 !!) but you can pretty well guess that those few inexpensive ones (you know... the ones "on sale" that lure you into the store) are not the ones for you either.. *sigh*.. A sale helps! Any sale!

In my case... the winner bed that gets the distinction to come live with me is this pillowtop bed you see below. (Full size not this one!)

Delivery will take place this coming Saturday... gosh.. it's been 9 years on a twin bed (groan).. I feel so self-indulgent knowing I will have a whole Full sized bed all to myself once again!!

Of course the joy will only last until the bill comes! heh......... some things never change!

10 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Ahhhhhhh... A wise investment indeed! I wish you many many hours of blissful sleep on your new best friend!!! I would LOVE to get a new bed... we sleep in a waterbed now, and it's been great for 20some years... but I'm ready for a real bed again now. UNfortunately, Hubby is not! He LOVES his waterbed!!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Hubby bought one of those pillow tops too last year because our old one had a spring that would poke me in the middle of my back and I honestly thought I had hurt myself before I realized it was the bed! I've slept on better than the new one but it's still comfy. Like a fool, I let him go to the furniture store to pick it out b/c I was sick. He came back with a king sized bed!

12:11 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Melli: I think that no matter what type of bed you are use to.. going to something new is always hard for some reason

Ladytink: King size? good lord! Not only are they way expensive but the sheets for them are horrendously expensive!!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Enjoy your new bed. We have single beds and find that more conducive to a good night's sleep, as Hubby is such a fidget. My bed is a reasonably good one for my back I think... I have more trouble with my neck and am wondering if I use too many pillows (two). I read somewhere that you should change your bed, or mattress, pretty often, but I can't say that we ever have.

4:09 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Aaaahhh...a good bed is soooo worth the investment. If you divide the money up over the amount of time you have it it's not too bad. If only the store would take it in those instalments...lol

8:35 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Yep they are incredibly expensive and Goofy insisted on the 400 threadcount Eqyptian cotton too. They're terribly comfortable though!!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

you are going to be so rested.

8:25 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm so happy for you Pat!! Lord knows you deserve a nice bed! I have a pillowtop mattress too. I got one after Katrina and let me tell you, they are beautiful things! I'll never go back to a normal mattress, lol. I know where you'll be reading now ;)

9:31 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

As a light sleeper with back issues, I can sympathize with needing a comfy bed. When I stay at motels with not as nice beds, my back does not thank me.

I bet it will be nice and hopefully so comfy you will get all the sleep you ever need!

10:53 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I hope you let us know how it works out Pat....Especially if it helps you back....Who makes this Pillow Top?
Anyway...
CONGRATULATIONS, my dear!

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home