My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Some of This and Some of That

Where does time go?  ..and why does it go so dang fast?!

Boo Boo Kitty wakes me early (about 5 am) .  This is nothing new, he's always done this.  And so, I always wake in the dark of the morning.  Of course, now that *Fall* about to be here (not that one notices in southern Florida), I have noticed that daylight is getting later and later.  ..and I know when we first turn the clocks back, for a short time, daylight will come earlier.  And naturally it follows that the dark of night comes earlier.  Sigh.

Where does time go?  ... and why does it go so dang fast?!

I suppose you've been told that as you get older time will go faster.  (Like we all need the fast lane to get even older!? not.)

Trying to understand or explain the passage of time is impossible.  It's like telling someone what a certain pain feels like.  They nod their head in understanding and say yes, yes, yes I  know how you feel.   And one day they get that exact same pain and what do you hear?  "wow, I didn't know it would be like this!"   Understand?.. *sigh* Until it happens to you, you really don't understand at all.

How do you tell someone to make a serious Bucket List .. hang it where you will see it every day, add to it or take away from it but don't forget it.  And each year MAKE yourself do one of the items on the bucket list..... because saving and waiting isn't going to help you do it.  If anything it will take away from the chances you might have of finding those happy moments. Yes, it's stopping to smell the roses.  Because when you are older your health may (may? more like will) be a hindrance.... along with more excuses than you can shake a stick at.   I can promise you that no matter how many things you may do on those bucket lists.. it won't be enough.  But they will make you feel that you enjoyed life a little more. 

And then the day comes when you wake up and  find that you are ON the fast track and there's no stopping time... and you know exactly where the train will stop. When life suddenly picks up speed  and you find yourself, not just saying but feeling, where did the months and years go?  When did my kids grow up and no longer need me?  I was just 28 wasn't I ? How did I get old without seeing it?   Why did I miss so much?

Where does time go?  ..and why does it go so fast?

I think I need to end on a happier note... possible?  hell if I know!

 

I have totally fallen in love with David Goode's  bronze statues. 

I've shown a photo of one before and left his link... but I can't get his work out of my mind. Most of them are happy Elves!  Just look at the expression in the statue above's eyes!  He's lookin' to get into some serious mischief !

I find myself wondering how does David Goode's mind work?  What made him make so many Elves?  Is he even half as happy as his work portrays?  I want to live next door to his store and just go and sit among the Elves all day long!

 

Oh yeah, this one above is up to no good! heh.

I really love this one... if it's possible to love one of these more than another!

..Just look at the contentment!!!!  How does he get such detail?  Where did he get these exquisite expressions? This one too belongs in my apartment!

This last one I will post surprised me.  I did read Mr. Goode's biography and he's my son's age!  So I wonder ..where did he see this fairy holding a Jack-o-lantern?  Because he's too young to remember Jack-o-lanterns growing wild in some field!  Of course maybe England still has more fields than we do here in America and they still are plentiful there.

Seeing that Jack-o-lantern brought back memories of when I was quite young (single digits!)  There was a field next to where I lived and I always would go there to look for wild strawberries or wild Violets to pick for my mother or... to find jack-o-lanterns!

When Jack-o-lanterns loose their pretty orange color they become a beige color and nearly transparent.. they make a great piece for dried flower arrangements.

Anyway... back to Mr. Goode.  I want to go to England and live next to his store and each day I will go in there and stay with  everyone of his creations because they make me feel good inside.  I envy Mr Goode for his creativity and for what he must feel inside as he makes all those smiling faces full of thoughts of monkey business!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I love those statues, too!

12:52 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I've noticed over the last 2 years that time has sped up. Regular yearly things go by and suddenly they're back again. It's starting to worry me to be honest, so I'm with you on the bucket list. I may start one.

Those elves are wonderful!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Cute entry Pat. Funny, I have noticed the older I get the faster time flies. Helen

4:52 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm certainly feeling time-going-by-very-quickly, these days---More Than Ever! Someone else was writing about a Bucket List the other day and I said, I don't have a Bucket List because with my Health problems, I cannot go anywhere---not even to a store---so, I don't see the point. But I undrerstand why people have Bucket Lists, and one hopes they get to some of their list before it is too late....

I LOVE those wonderful Elves, Pat....especially that smiling one lying in what looks like little Marshmellows...I can see why you would want to live next door to his store, Pat---OR, at the very least, go visit him in England! I hope you will cross that one off your BL because you will have done it!!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Those statues are wonderful, Pat! I want one for my garden.....

I've been thinking about bucket lists, funnily enough, lately. Like, what would I like to do in the years left to me? What didn't I do in my first half-century that I still want to do?

As for time going faster - emphatically YES it moves so much faster the older you get! It's annoying me because there's so much I want to do, and finding the time to fit it in every day is such a freaking challenge!! *sigh* and then the body does get its own challenges.....so I agree with you, if there's something you really want to do, do it now, not later. That leaves room for other things to come in, too :-)

12:36 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

My mother is 79 and my dad is 87 and they tell me the same thing all the time. Time goes by too quickly the older you get. My mom always tells me to do the things on my bucket list now and not wait for "someday". On another note, I love those sculptures as well. They would be lovely to have on a nice bookshelf at home!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful to find that my work has an effect so far from home! Thank you Deslily for your kind comments about my sculptures and thank you Kelly for sending the link.

Best wishes,

David Goode

2:04 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Mr. Goode: how can such exquisit work not have an effect on me or anyone?! they are beyond wonderful! they make me want to believe in elves .. they make me want to be a child again. Thank you for sharing them with me and everyone who is lucky enough to find you web site.

5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home