My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Amazon Gift Card…

I am glad to say my son George and his wife Kat, know a gift I can never refuse!..

and so yesterday my xmas books arrived..

xmas22[1]

xmas33[1]

I finally have “I am Half Sick of Shadows so I will be up to the newest Alan Bradley, Flavia de Luce Novel.

My son Chris would get the blame for me sending for The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson. If I may quote the clincher for me.. (copy and paste)

 The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson – Best Jack the Ripper tale that I’ve ever read. BOARDING SCHOOL…GHOSTS….MAUREEN JOHNSON! I think that the sequel to this one is currently one of my most anticipated books. It ended in a way that I cannot WAIT to read the next one!

Yep, that did, done, doodit!

The Thirteen Hallows is written by Michael Scott and Colette Freedman.  I love, love, love Michael’s young adult series on Nicholas Flamel and thought about trying this book.  He tells me it’s NOT a ya book lol…so I mentioned that I was in my mid 60’s… I guess it’s ok that I got it huh?   Nice that he warned me it wasn’t YA though!

The last book is James Herbert’s The Secret of Crickley Hall.  I can’t remember how I heard of this one but just know it sounds like a real scary book.

So, there you have it… those are the newest books to come into this apartment… but don’t ask what I will read next because I never know!

5 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

YAY FOR NEW BOOKS!!! :D Certainly sounds like a pile of good reads, doesn't it?

11:26 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

How perfect! Your son and daughter-in-law, REALY KNOW YOU!!!
Congratulations on your New Books, my dear!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oooooh, you got the new Flavia book!!! Envy envy envy...

Off to look up The Name of the Star... sounds good!

Great new books, Pat.

6:55 PM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

New Books!!! Best gift ever :D Love your poppet convos ;)

9:07 AM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Lovely gifts and as I am reading your posts in reverse order I know you have already enjoyed the Flavia book!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home