My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

The Year 2013

…was not my finest year of reading but I’m still happy with what I did read!

 bks2013_zps979050f7[1]

My top 10 favorite reads would be: (in no particular order)…….

Eleanor Roosevelt, books 1 & 2 ..by: Blanche W Cook  (1,293 pgs)

Jarka Ruus, Tanequil & Straken.. trilogy by: Terry Brooks (1,141 pgs)

Chekov’s Enterprise.. by: Walter Koenig (222 pgs)

The Black House.. by: Peter May (368 pgs)

Before I go to Sleep.. by:  S I Watson (360 pgs)

Jack .. by: Geoffrey Perret (400 pgs)

Cemetery..by: Girl David Bell (400 pgs)

The Hiding Place..by: David Bell (400 pgs)

The American Heiress..by  Daisy Goodwin (496 pgs)

 

Favorite book:  Before I go to Sleep  S I Watson.  This one I could hardly set down! If you haven’t read it you should!

To be honest there were very few that I didn’t enjoy. One or two got “long in the tooth” but overall this was a good reading year.

I only read 53 books but 23 of them were 400 or more pages!  wow.. I didn’t even realize that..makes me feel better that I didn’t read so many books!

18 books were history or biographies.  I was never big into “history” but I sure have gotten into parts of it in my old age!  WWII, Kennedy, and Victorian England being my driven favorites.

Overall I am pleased with my reading this year and as always love doing Once Upon a Time and the RIP Challenges that Carl does for us each year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

I am looking forward to reading Before I go to Sleep sooner rather than later. It is on my TBR.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

You did well, Sis! Most of those books are quite long so I think you did better than you realise. Plus, you enjoyed an awful lot of them which is the important thing.

6:04 PM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

Something about that Dragon in glasses every year that makes me smile Pat ;) Have a great 2014 reading year :D

5:49 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

That's like MORE than a book a week!!! WOW! To me, dear Pat, I think you read a whole lot!!! And especially when some of those books were unusually long....

I just bought the Barbara Stanwyck book----and it is so HUGE....I haven't figured out a way to read it and not have to try to hold it in my hands!!! It;s only the first part of her life....up to 1940, and it is 860 pages long---and that doesn't include all the notes, and Index and Bibliography!! HELP!
My friend Earl says it is very very interesting, and he worked with her...And I'm sure it is---I just have tp figure out a way of leaning it on something----Oh, and by the way, the print in VERY VERY Small!!!!!!!
This will take me a couple of years to finish----and God knows when Part 2 will come out! LOL!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

"only" 53. ;) You cranked through more than I did, and considering the chunksters that you read, your page count is pretty massive for the year.

I'm glad that it was a nice year for you overall. I pretty rarely read books that I don't like, as if I get that vibe off them I just quit and move on to something else. But last year was an especially satisfying one in the reading department, and 2014 is off to a really good start.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

That is really impressive, Pat, especially as you were so down the the latter part of the year. I really hope that you are feeling better now, or soon.

I really enjoyed The Black House, too. It had an ending I didn't suspect. I have the other two in the series now, to read this year. They are hard to get, I had to go through Book Depository to find them.

I haven't read your book of the year, and possibly it's time I did!
I have read some of the books on your list Seraphina, Some Kind of Fairy Tale, Cats of Tanglewood Forest - and enjoyed them all.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home