My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Firedrake

(Book 4, for OUaT)

Legends of the Dragonrealm: Firedrake by Richard A Knaak.

Series: Dragonrealm

Paperback: 704 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books (September 1, 2009)
ISBN-10: 1439107009
Book 1 contains 3 books: the first being: Firedrake: 234 pgs.

 

Amazon Review

Firedrake• : In the ultimate war between humans and fiery shape-shifting beings, Duke Toma has unleashed every conceivable evil upon the world of the Dragon Kings. Only one dares to challenge him: Cabe Bedlam, a youth with a magical sword that promises its bearer total mastery over man and beast alike.

A 700 page book holding 3 books in one.

Firedrake wasn't the greatest for me.  It seems any time someone writes about Dragons that can shape-shift and that hate humans I just can't really enjoy the story. In general they all seem to have the same basis.

This book did have a few side characters that I did liked,  and a number of  "odd" creatures not usually used, and so I had no trouble reading the story.  Also, the humans that had magic were written well.

I find myself wondering if I might have liked this better had I not come off of a book I had enjoyed a lot .  Sometimes the next book never lives up to the one I just finished.

The world building was good, but I am not sure that I will go on to read the next book called The Ice Dragon.

2 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

I'm not a fan of dragons being the bad guys either :D

7:38 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Nice cover... shame about the book. LOL!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home