My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

The Haunting of Maddy Clare

The Haunting of Maddy Clare by Simone St. James.

Paperback: 329 pages
Publisher: NAL;(March 6, 2012)
ISBN-10: 0451235681


 



 

Sarah Piper's lonely, threadbare existence changes when her temporary agency sends her to assist a ghost hunter. Alistair Gellis-rich, handsome, scarred by World War I, and obsessed with ghosts- has been summoned to investigate the spirit of nineteen-year-old maid Maddy Clare, who is haunting the barn where she committed suicide. Since Maddy hated men in life, it is Sarah's task to confront her in death. Soon Sarah is caught up in a deperate struggle. For Maddy's ghost is real, she's angry, and she has powers that defy all reason. Can Sarah and Alistair's assistant, the rough, unsettling Matthew Ryder, discover who Maddy was, whereshe came from, and what is driving her desire for vengeance-before she destroys them all?

I am not usually a person for ghost stories but happened by this book.. wow.  much more then I expected.  I've read a few ghost books over the years but none were like this one.    This would be an excellent book to consider reading around Halloween!!

It's a book that's hard to stay away from once you get into it.  Of course there is a back ground love story with it. 

There are a few mentions of things more "up to date" than I am used to, since it seems most of my reading is back in the 1800's. But over all I was surprised that I enjoyed the book as much as I did.. I think if you like a ghost story you will like this book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hmmm... now this sounds right up my street. I like that 1920s and 30s era and love a good ghost story. You're cracking on with books this new year, Pat!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home