My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, October 09, 2016

Who Buries the Dead

Book 6 for RIP...





Who Buries the Dead by C.S. Harris.

Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: NAL; First Edition(March 3, 2015)
ISBN-10: 0451417569






London, 1813. The vicious decapitation of Stanley Preston, a wealthy, socially ambitious plantation owner, at Bloody Bridge draws Sebastian St. Cyr, Viscount Devlin, into a macabre and increasingly perilous investigation. The discovery near the body of an aged lead coffin strap bearing the inscription King Charles, 1648 suggests a link between this killing and the beheading of the deposed seventeenth-century Stuart monarch. Equally troubling, the victim’s kinship to the current Home Secretary draws the notice of Sebastian’s powerful father-in-law, Lord Jarvis, who will exploit any means to pursue his own clandestine ends.
Working in concert with his fiercely independent wife, Hero, Sebastian finds his inquiries taking him from the wretched back alleys of Fish Street Hill to the glittering ballrooms of Mayfair as he amasses a list of suspects who range from an eccentric Chelsea curiosity collector to the brother of an unassuming but brilliantly observant spinster named Jane Austen.
But as one brutal murder follows another, it is the connection between the victims and ruthless former army officer Sinclair, Lord Oliphant, that dramatically raises the stakes. Once, Oliphant nearly destroyed Sebastian in a horrific wartime act of carnage and betrayal. Now the vindictive former colonel might well pose a threat not only to Sebastian but to everything—and everyone—Sebastian holds most dear.


This is the 4th book I have read by C.S. Harris in the Sebastian St. Cyr series.

I liked this book very much.  Sebastian St. Cyr is a good character. He's not a police officer nor a detective so he reports to no one but his wife and father-in-law.

Harris is very descriptive of many scenes and you can feel the atmosphere in which the story takes place.

Through this series the secondary story is of  Sebastian who went from  being single to falling in love and marrying his wife Hero and having a son.  Other than the back story the St Cyr  stories are based on the History of the time in England.

Very good read but I might want to read a few of the older books first. The other 3 I've read are: Where Serpents Sleep, When Maidens Mourn and What  Angels Fear.  All enjoyable books.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Book 6? Wow, you're on a roll! I've read 3 and need to pull my finger out and read a final book before the end of the month. Should be ok. I think...

This sounds like a great series.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home