My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Diamonds and Dust

 Diamonds and Dust by Carol Hedges.

 

Publisher : Little G Books; 2nd edition (January 11, 2016)
Publication date : January 11, 2016
Print length : 263 pages

 

 

Amazon Review:

 

When a horrific murder takes place on a dark night in 1860's London, it changes two women for ever. New light is cast upon past lives they thought they knew so well, and suddenly their futures become intertwined.


The death of her uncle will leave eighteen-year-old Josephine King an orphan, an heiress and the owner of a priceless diamond, The Eye of the Khan. For Lilith Marks, a chance finally arises to end her life as a highly paid prostitute and to prove herself as a serious businesswoman.


Set against the backdrop of the great gas-lit city, the two women are drawn together in their quest to discover just who killed the man they both loved.


Diamonds & Dust is a page-whizzing narrative, with an intricate and absorbing plot that entices you through the teeming streets of Victorian London. If Wilkie Collins, Charles Dickens and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle all washed up on a desert island, they might have come up with something like this.

 

When I got this book I didn't realize there were many more to come!  Having said that, I do consider this book a "stand alone" story.

To me, it was very enjoyable.  I love almost anything that takes place in"old England!"

You should take a chance on it and read it!!

Thank you Cath, for suggesting it to me!

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Really pleased you enjoyed it, Pat! I'm not sure if I'll read any more in the series but this one was quite good.

5:59 PM  
Blogger David James said...

APNA SHOWROOM Baby Boy's & Baby Girl's Cotton Graphic Print Night Suit Set Pack of 2 (apsw_Baby_products_355_White_12-18 Months)
Baby cotton night suit for baby boys or girls new born white colorful bacho night suits for daily use night wear rat k bacho ka suitcotton apna showroom
New Born Baby Cotton Night Suit for Girl's or Boy's (Pack of 2) - Colorful 0 6 Months

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home