My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Wishtree

 Wishtree by Katherine Applegate.

Publisher : Feiwel & Friends; (September 26, 2017)
Language : English
ISBN-10 : 1250043220


Review by Amazon:

Trees can't tell jokes, but they can certainly tell stories. . . .

Red is an oak tree who is many rings old. Red is the neighborhood "wishtree"―people write their wishes on pieces of cloth and tie them to Red's branches. Along with a crow named Bongo and other animals who seek refuge in Red's hollows, this wishtree watches over the neighborhood.
You might say Red has seen it all.


Until a new family moves in. Not everyone is welcoming, and Red's experience as a wishtree is more important than ever.


Funny, deep, warm, and nuanced, this is Katherine Applegate at her very best―writing from the heart, and from a completely unexpected point of view.
This book has Common Core connections.

 

Well, if you know me, you know I love trees.  It would be impossible not for me to pick up a book about a "Wishtree".   What is a Wishtree?  It's a tree, that once a year, on May 1st people young and old write a wish on a piece of paper or rag and then tie it on the Wishtree.

Some wishes are silly, and some are very heartfelt.

The story is about this tree, the animals that live in and on it and the new family that moved into the house by the tree.

It's a young person story (8-11) but I enjoyed the authors writing so much in The One and Only Ivan, that I had to see what she did  with a tree!

It's very enjoyable. Many can read this in one (or two) sittings.  Her writing makes you feel things.  Feel good. Feel sad. Even feel mad. It's a really nice change from my normal reading.  It's almost like she can get inside of you and know how you would feel at any point in her writing.  The young kids today are lucky to have her.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I'll have to read this one. I too very much love trees. I find it very two of three Pats that I've known and loved in my lifetime are tree lovers (and it might be three, I've just never asked my aunt about her feelings about trees).

I really enjoyed The One and Only Ivan, and I see in your post below you've read Crenshaw, which I just started on audiobook on the drive in to work today. I'm enjoying it very much, though I know it is going to tackle some heavy topics.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Oh gosh, I love the sound of this, Pat. I love trees too, we have a beautiful copper beech and oak in the garden.

6:00 PM  
Blogger David James said...

Apna Showroom Women's Red Rose Flower Hair Clip/Brooch Vintage (Large 5 color rose)-| hair pins for women/men stylish girls
Hair rose pin brooch for men women bridal office rose hair flower batch for school hair brooch flower hospital school party rose brooch juda hair rose red saree brooch pin clips for women apna showroom
Apna Showroom Plastic Hair Lice nit removal Combs for Women and men kids (Multicolour zxop-10-kly)
lice and nit removals comb lice louse comb for kids women girls men boys ju nikalne wali khanghi nit louse removal comb plastic hair comb for men women girls apna showroom
New Born Baby Sweaters 0-3 Months Woolen Vest Set Boys or Girls with desent Look - Apna_Showroom

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home