My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Crenshaw

 Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate.

 

Publisher : Square Fish; (September 26, 2017)
Paperback : 272 pages
ISBN-10 : 1250091667

 

Amazon Review

 

In her first novel since The One and Only Ivan, winner of the Newbery Medal, Katherine Applegate delivers an unforgettable and magical story about family, friendship, and resilience.

Jackson and his family have fallen on hard times. There's no more money for rent. And not much for food, either. His parents, his little sister, and their dog may have to live in their minivan. Again.
Crenshaw is a cat. He's large, he's outspoken, and he's imaginary. He has come back into Jackson's life to help him. But is an imaginary friend enough to save this family from losing everything?
Beloved author Katherine Applegate proves in unexpected ways that friends matter, whether real or imaginary. This title has Common Core connections.

From the same author of The One and Only Ivan comes a totally different book. In many ways I found this story very sad. But, yet this family had a lot of love to pull them through "the rough times" of not having enough money to pay the rent or bills.  It was all to familiar to me. 

On a different note. I never had an imaginary friend.  And if I did, I was to young to remember.  Truth be told, I could use one Now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I never had an imaginary friend either. Just as well as I don't think my mother would've understood or tolerated 'that'. LOL

6:11 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I never did either. I remember trying, but it not really sticking. I did play on my own a lot as a kid when I wasn't playing with friends and often imagined elaborate scenarios, often having to do with Star Wars or other science fiction ideas, but never could muster up the energy to keep an imaginary friend alive..my very real Teddy Bear filled that role as my companion and confidant when I was young.

If you haven't seen the short tv series Moone Boy, which is about a kid and his imaginary friend, it is well worth checking out. A little more 'adult' than this, but sweet and funny.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home