My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, November 22, 2021

The Little Shop of Found Things

 Publisher ‏ : ‎ St. Martin's Griffin; Reprint edition (October 1, 2019)

Paperback ‏ : ‎ 416 pages
ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1250229502

The Little Shop of Found Things by Paula Brackston.

 

Amazon Review:

 

An antique shop haunted by a ghost.
A silver treasure with an injustice in its story.
An adventure to the past she’ll never forget.
Xanthe and her mother Flora leave London behind for a fresh start, taking over an antique shop in the historic town of Marlborough. Xanthe has always had an affinity with some of the antiques she finds. When she touches them, she can sense something of the past they come from and the stories they hold. When she has an intense connection to a beautiful silver chatelaine, she has to know more.
It is while she’s examining the chatelaine that she’s transported back to the seventeenth century, where she discovers an injustice in its history. The spirit that inhabits her new home confronts her and charges her with saving her daughter’s life, threatening to take Flora’s if she fails.
While Xanthe fights to save the girl in 1605, she meets architect Samuel Appleby. He may be the person who can help her succeed. He may also be the reason she can’t bring herself to leave.
With its rich historical detail, strong mother-daughter relationship, and picturesque English village, The Little Shop of Found Things delivers a heartfelt page-turner.

 

Don't faint! I finally finished a book.  My worst year ever for reading.  And I have a lot of excuses, most are which deal with my health and my eyes.  This has not been a fun year for me, but I hope things will begin to improve soon.

I did enjoy this book even if it did take me over 2 month to read it!

It's a bit of time travel in it, taking you back in time.  The author did a fine job of describing the past as she did in the "now" time.

I generally read detective books and this was a change of pace, but still, if I wasn't always in so much pain I think I would have enjoyed it even more, and of course, finished it quite a bit faster!

You might want to give this one a go for something different!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I really hope 2022 is a better year for you, Sis. You've been through too much. Half my family's got Covid so we're having a fun time at the moment. Helping them out with shopping but can't go too close as I can't risk Peter getting Covid, he'd end up in hospital for sure.

Love the sound of this book.

Luv you!

12:21 PM  
Blogger David James said...

Apna Showroom Men's and Women's Metal Hair Bands (Black) Combo set of 5 (zigzag_hair_band Metal
Metal hairband for men women girls hair band Black hair bands for women black hairband men boys black metal hairband plastic hair band for women black hairbands for girls boys apna showroom
Apna Showroom Women's Nylon Underskirt Pantyhose Stockings for women or girls free size black stockings
black stockings for women or girls pantyhose stockings for women girls female skin beige stockings for women ladies stockings apna showroom
Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women's Spandex High Waist Lace Fishnet Lingerie Stockings (Black, Free Size) - Pack of 2 stockings
fish net stockings for women black net stockings for girls women fishnet stocking for woman female girls free size black net stockings for women apna showroom

1:41 AM  
Blogger David James said...

Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women's Spandex High Waist Lace Fishnet Lingerie Stockings (Black, Free Size) - Pack of 2 Net stockings for women
fish net stockings for women black net stockings for girls women fishnet stocking for woman female girls free size black net stockings for women apna showroom
Apna Showroom Women's Nylon Underskirt Fishnet Body-Suit Net stockings for women
Apna Showroom Thick Rubber hair bands for women (Cotton wool ExtraSoft Ponytail holder 12 Piece
Rubber band for women hairband girls hair rubber band for daily use party cotton free size rubber hair band pack of 12 rubber band cotton wool apna showroom
Apna Showroom Fishnet Stockings for Women Sexy Black Net Pattern Stockings Big Mesh Free Size with desent Look Net stockings for women

1:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home