My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Of all the things I've lost.. I miss my Mind the Most!

So... ready for another short memory story ?
As part of the cast of Star Trek, every now and then Paramount would send De and Carolyn a box full of "samples" of things being release with Paramounts blessings. To which De or Carolyn would call me and a few other friends and say, "Come over we have a box of things. There might be something here you want."
I would trot myself over to their home and they'd pull out the box. Mostly it would be models or dolls of some sort, which I never bothered to collect. My collection pretty well stuck to autographs/ photos/ a few books and maybe a t-shirt now and then, because I could use them.
In one box there were some t-shirts... well, actually they were night shirts to be worn to bed. I figured, what the heck, I wasn't married and no one sees me, I'd take one.
Maybe I should have preceded this whole thing by telling you, that when I met the Kelley's something inside me opened up. I'm not sure what it was, but from the time I met them until the time they died, it seemed that my life's mission was to do whatever it took to bring smiles to their faces.
Now, considering what I've just told you... I went home and before I put the shirt away I was grinning to myself. Why this sort of thing only happened to me where it concerned these people, I don't know... but puns, pranks, evil doing, were always bursting through.
So... I had someone take this photo of me... and what I had done to the shirt and mailed them to De and Carolyn. (I do hope you know that part of the Star Trek Introduction went " To Boldly Go Where No Man Has Gone Before".)


Upon the arrival of these photo's in the Kelley's mail I received a phone call... Carolyn was laughing so hard she couldn't talk so De let me know that they thought "the shirt seemed to fit perfectly"... heh.. yeah, no kidding De!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a crack-up!!!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL...Very Funny!
Hey Pat, if you get a chance, I have a new post up about the grandaughter of an old old friend who is a wonderful young singer and has entered a contest to get on ONE TREE HILL...I have a link to where you need to go and vote and you can listen to her song there...well, a piece of it, anyway....She is very talented and deserves to win...So, if you get a chance...give it a listen! And then vote! Thanks in advance.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

ROFL! Toooooooo funny! That is SO cute!!!

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home