My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Ye Ol' Wish List

 

So far I have only found release dates for 4 more books coming out this year that are from series of books I am reading.  (I do know that the second book by Scott Savage (FarWorld) will be out but no date  yet, that would make 5)

Amazon "wish lists" (and you can have more than one) certainly can get out of hand without even trying!   But for the most part they are really good to have.

For one thing it helps your forgetful memory..heh.. this way you keep track of books and movies that you hope to get one day.

By putting it on a list it also allows you to "think about it".  I've actually been known to delete some of the items I've put on the list! (rarely, it's true, but it gives you time to ponder)

Some of the SERIES (shaking my head) of books that I am waiting for the next installment of are:

1- The Magic Thief: Lost (Magic Thief) by Sarah Prineas  due out: May 12th (book 1: The Magic Thief by Sarah Prineas)

2- The Sorceress (Secrets Imrtl Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott due out: May 26 (book 1: The Magician: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott   Book2: The Magician: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott )

3- A Forthcoming Wizard  by Jody Lynn Nye due out: April 14 (book 1: An Unexpected Apprentice )

4- The Lightning Key: The Wednesday Tales No. 3 (Wednesday Tales) by Jon Berkeley due out: Jan. 27 (book 1: The Palace of Laughter: The Wednesday Tales No. 1, book 2: The Tiger's Egg: The Wednesday Tales No. 2 )

5- The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Standard Edition by J. K. Rowling Due out: Dec 4 (7 Harry Potter books) This, obviously, is not a continuation of HP but someone who's books I have read.

Actually, it's a pretty short list!!  That always helps! Of course it's not my entire wish list... just the books for "series".

I also keep a list of some movies I want.  Actually, this is a short list.  I could list hundreds of movies that I'd love to have, that I already have in vhs form but would love as a dvd, if for no other reason than the space 500 vhs tapes takes up!  So, this small list of movies are some I don't have at all but want!

Earth 2 - The Complete Series 

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

David Copperfield (the version with Daniel Radcliff)

King Kong - Extended Cut (Three-Disc Deluxe Edition)

My House in Umbria

The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

Curtain Call

The Millionairess 

Tea With Mussolini

Lily in Love 

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (Full Screen)

Love Actually (Full Screen Edition)

Flushed Away (Full Screen Edition) 

Gods and Monsters (Special Edition)

From the Earth to the Moon - The Signature Edition

Jim Henson's Fantasy Film Collection - (Labyrinth / MirrorMask / The Dark Crystal)

Do you keep a wish list on Amazon or some other book seller?

18 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Looks like quite a long wish list to me LOL. Have a nice weekend Pat. Hugs, Helen

8:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi Helen.. yah, lol.. never ending! haha

10:43 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I haven't got an Amazon wishlist, no. But I keep thinking I ought to get one really, 'cuz there are *so* many books I need for my never-ending series list. It would help me to keep track of them all.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

I do have an Amazon wishlist, and it's divided into sections. Music, DVDs, and Books. Then Books has the following subsections: General, Children's and YA, Fantasy, Fairy Tales, Comics and Non-Fiction. Each is at least 2 pages long. Pathetic, I know :P

2:00 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: it gets somewhat like housecleaning.. if you find books on the wish list that have been there over a year you delete them! If you didn't order them in a year, you wont! LOL

Ohhhh Nymeth! LOL.. you do put my two (book & movie) wish lists to shame! LOL gotta love it! hahahaha

4:38 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I've got a few I'm looking forward to but Lords of Misrule by Rachel Caine is at the top of my list. Ooh! It's been awhile since I read and seen Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood... Such a good book series (and movie of course).

4:48 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I have a wishlist that I keep forgetting to use and update! About twice a year...around now, actually, I go 'looking' on Amazon to see what's new, and in music, what I can get there that I can't get anywhere else. I've found some beautiful Celtic music this way. As for books *sigh* I love all the ones on my list! They only come off when I get a copy. Great question, Deslily! And I love Nymeth's answer, she puts us both to shame!!! Now you don't have to feel guilty at all...and we own Flushed Away (the kids watch it regularly) and Love Actually, which is one my husband and I watch every year at Christmas. Great list, too, Pat!

6:26 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

tink: ohhh i love Maggie smith and ANYTHING she is in!!

Susan: whellllll... i do adore Alan Rickman! and Ian McKellan and Andy Serkis do voices in Flushed Away!.. there are sooooooooooo many movies I haven't gotten that I want I can't even begin to list them

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

I loved the Earth2 Series. I was so disappointed when it didn't continue. I also just saw the Jim Henson Collection the other day at a store... but I already have Labyrinth and Dark Crystal so I just need to get MirrorMask. Labyrinth is my favorite. Oh, and I just got HellBoyII this week. I will say that I thought it was excellent, but a friend who borrowed it said it was confusing. Eh, I think they just didn't pay enough attention ;p

9:57 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

astaryth: yeah, I liked it too! I never buy tv series dvds but I will eventually get that one because it will never be in reruns anywhere. I have Labyrinth and Dark Crystal too but on vhs so (again) I will one day get this set on dvd.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I love Maggie Smith too! She's one of my favorites

12:54 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

My husband just got me into making Amazon wishlists this year... mine needs some help though. I'm sure I can maybe find some time when I'm "working" though... :-)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I couldn't imagine getting along without my Amazon wishlist. I not only use it for its main purpose but it and the shopping cart are things I use for organization, to help my faulty memory, to keep notes on for things I want to check out later, etc.

I'm gonna have to work on you about those Full Screen movies. You miss so much in comparison to wide screen. I'm always disappointed with Netflix when I order something and it ends up being full screen instead of wide screen.

8:58 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm so looking forward to your Bard review.

10:50 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Being a movie person myself, I LOVE your Film List! And I hope you get at least some of them for Christmas....!

12:29 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Tink: did you ever see her in Murder By Death ?? she was funny in that one!

kim: it becomes another obsession lol.. you keep looking at it wondering "ok what do I order next?"

Carl: oh I know I miss some by full screen, but until I own a REALLY HUGE screen (54 inch the biggest available now?) I'll stick to full screen the widescreen just makes things too small for me.

Oh Naomi... that list is nothing compaired to all I would buy if i could!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great list !!! "Hellboy II: The Golden Army" was THE BEST ! Also
gotta love "Gods and Monsters" !!!

My wish list is just too long to
try to post. As Veruca Salt sang
in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate
Factory" "I want the works, I want
the whole works, Don't care how, I
want it now" !

2:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home