My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, February 09, 2009

Another Loss

James Whitmore  dies at age 87. 

I couldn't not mention the loss of yet another of our elder actors.  I take many deep breaths and sigh when we loose talented people and wonder if we will ever see the likes of each of them again...

    LOS ANGELES -- James Whitmore, the many-faceted character actor who delivered strong performances in movies, television and especially the theater with his popular one-man shows about Harry Truman, Will Rogers and Theodore Roosevelt, died Friday, his son said. He was 87.

******************************************
Thanks to Kelly I have this meme...
The Letter Meme

I decided to play along and do the "Letter Meme". I have seen it around and decided to let Kelly to give me a letter. The idea is to name ten things that you love that start with that letter. Kelly gave me the letter 'S', so here goes nothin'..

1. Star Trek:    I'm guessing this is why Kelly gave me "S" lol   Way before I ever met DeForest I loved Star Trek.  I watched them all, right up to and including Enterprise, but the originals will always remain my favorites.

2. Sandwiches:     I love sandwiches!  probably because I love bread, and because it means I don't have to cook!!)

3. Spagetti  Sauce:    well.. there's a part of me that's Italian.. I think it's my stomach! I've always love tomatoes and especially Spagetti Sauce.  I remember when my kids were young, my neighbor directly across the street from me was Italian.  Every Sunday she made a big pot of Spagetti Sauce..and every Sunday I would go over to chit chat and she'd fill a cup with her sauce and tell me to let her know how it was!  Oh yeah!  I eat sauce even with out the spagetti!!

4. Stars:     movie stars that is.  Most know that I love movies and enjoy collecting autographs so this puts the actors high on the list.

5. Saddle:    the western saddle, ...love the way they creak and love the smell of them.

6. Sale:     'Nuff said....who doesn't love a sale???

7. Stones:    Stone houses and stone walls, trees, wood, and stone.. love 'em love 'em

8. Story, Storybooks, Storytellers:    big surprise for this one huh?  love books so it follows that i'd love the stories they tell, the books and the authors of those books!

9. Stuffing:    I have to confess:  I love my own turkey stuffing! yeah!

10. Sneakers:     When I was young I loved boots... now it's sneakers!  the older you get the more comfortable you want to be!

Hey, Kelly!  I did it!... and it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be lol.. but I did it!!!  Anyone else wanna do this?

11 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I like stones as well. And Star Trek. And spaghetti sauce. And stories. And sarnies! We *are* related!

Yeah, I'll play. Though it might have to wait until later because I have chicken soup to make this afternoon.

8:39 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Cath: how about the letter H? (for Head?) no no lol.. ummm "M"?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

haha, yep, I guess I gave you 'S' for a reason. lol I thought about 'D' for a moment, but changed my mind! The funny thing is that in many ways... I could have wrote the exact same list! I just don't like stuffing and I have never really done the horse riding thing...

12:37 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kelly: well when you choices have to begin with a certain letter it restricts you and I think then more of us find the same responses to use lol

2:51 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

RIP James Whitmore :(

I love your "S" list! Mmm, sandwiches. And spaghetti sauce! And who doesn't love sales or stories? :D

4:09 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: yep yep love em all ! lol

6:32 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

'M' it is and I'm working on it... got 7.

7:13 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

He was an amazing actor and I was sad to hear of his passing. We do seem to be losing them far too fast these days...

I enjoyed your list, too.

cjh

9:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: okeydokey

cj: I guess because it's one of those movies I always stop and watch when it's on tv, but I really remember him in Shawshank Redemtion. He was the old man that took care of the library.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Sheesh...you made it look easy, even if it wasn't! (Can I confess that I love my own turkey stuffing and my own spaghetti, too?) Oh, and stones...that's a great one!!! Well done, Deslily!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

Oh I liked him! :( Great S meme though.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home