My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Until We Meet Again

It's down to the wire for the move now so it's highly doubtful that I will post anymore until I am in Florida and back on dsl... and then of course it will be more sporadic as Florida has thunderstorms nearly every day with the exception of a very few months in late winter.. such as it is in Florida. 

I hear some of you saying that you wouldn't mind moving to Florida because you could do without winter ...but it's not as easy as you would think if you grew up in a 4 season state as I have.  I did spend 13 yrs in Florida when I was married and nearly 10 more in southern California where there is no real winter or seasons either.

I would not lie and say that you would miss shoveling snow because no one loves it unless you are really young and "want the exercise"..heh that wouldn't be me!  But I do love Spring and Fall as most everyone does when you see new life all around you and the falling of the leaves (yeah yeah ya have to rake) to usher the winter in.  But then again.. if you are young enough to still have kids living at home (even college kids)..there's nothing like a "cool" Thanksgiving and a "white Christmas"...  85 degrees and sweating as you decorate the Christmas Tree just doesn't cut it lol... ah well.. I'm alone and it doesn't matter anymore.

If you know me at all you know that I'm not a sand and beach person.. I do love mountains and trees and rocks and dirt. Real dirt!  Brown dirt!  Dirt with earthworms in it!... *sigh* there ain't no dirt in Florida.. and oh yeah, I will miss it.  Even the smell of real dirt.    sheesh, how pathetic is that?!!  I'd better go dig up a jar of dirt and take it with me!!

I do not know  how long or how short it will be before I get back on line.  I already ordered my at&t dsl and hoping the modem will by in my Florida mail box when I get there... but my luck is not going that way right now. 

I've come to the conclusion that the old saying "If it weren't for Bad Luck , I'd have no luck at all"  is very true.  I wonder who the poor soul was that first wrote it?   Anyway.. here's why I say that:

The Weather Report says that it's going to rain the entire day we have to pack the truck and it's looking like we will be driving for 2 days in the rain.. I don't need this!

Also the news says that Florida is flooded and at the 10 day "weather.com" the forecast shows storms everyday without let up.  I now have to make some calls and hope I hear better news about flooded areas.. this could take longer than 2 days to get there if I-95 has flooded areas .  Yep.. I have no luck at all!

All month I have only read 3 books.. I am on book 4 now but due to the move if I finish it before the end of the month it will be a miracle!   Packing and last minute lists (what to do before I leave/ what to do when I first arrive down in fla) have taken over my life.  (yes .. I am bitching!)

Yesterday one of David's nieces came and took the two older cats, Princess and Stinkey, to live with her.  Oh yeah, I cried like a baby.  There are 2 more they are having trouble finding someone to take them and cat sit for about 5 weeks until a person who said they would take them can, since they too are in the process of moving.  (one cat: BooBoo Kitty, will come with me)

There is one bit of good news I heard though....  Susan Boyle moved up to the next part of Idol. I hope we, here in America, get to hear what she sang! (I will go check on Youtube) 

I went and luck that I have there are no new Susan Boyle vids to watch... so, needing, very much, to have something make me feel better I watched the first video (for I don't know how many times) of Susan singing ... and yes, I cried yet again... but it felt good.

Ok, I guess that's it.. I probably will not be posting for a week or more, but monday and tuesday I will still leave some comments on other blogs.

I will miss you all.... until we meet again...

p.s....

25 Comments:

Blogger Astaryth said...

Hope your move goes smoothly, and I am glad that you get to take BooBooKitty with you. I know you will miss the rest, but BooBoo will give you company.

Yes, it is raining here and has been for a few days. There is some silly low pressure system stuck over us, but it will move out. And, I've lived here for years, and yes we do have afternoon thunderstorms, but really if you have a good surge protector it doesn't really effect you. They move thru very quickly. My internet comes thru a satellite dish, so bad weather means no signal... and I usually lose less than 30 minutes in any day even during the 'rainy season'. Really, FL isn't so bad.. Honest!

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Memory said...

Have a safe move!

12:08 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hey JJ.. yeah the floods have me worried there is no sign of them tapering off and you need time for the floods to recede... rain during the drive down concerns me too since my son is no used to driving a 16 foot truck I really don't need the roads to be wet and dangerous.. I think I have a decent surge protector.. have a Belkin supermaster that sits under my monitor.

thank you Memory I hope so too!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Good luck with the move, and have a safe trip. I can't even imagine how sad it must have been to say goodbye to the kitties :( But at least they found homes, and you get to keep one of them. I look forward to seeing you posting again. We'll miss you until then!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

Best of luck with the move! Even though it is hard to transplant yourself, it sounds like it is for the best. Hopefully you won't be hearing gunshots outside your house at night any longer!

And yes, I agree, it will take some getting used to to not have regular seasons. I don't know what I'd really think about that. I don't love the winter, but I don't really know anything else!

5:04 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm SO glad that BooBoo Kitty is coming with you!!! That makes me feel much better. I hope things go as smoothly as they can Pat. I just saw that the waters are starting to recede in FL so hopefully it'll all be gone by the time you get there! And I hope we don't have to miss you for too long. You're going to have to get used to the beach now...you packed your bikini, right? ;) And give me a call if you need help getting through no four seasons...I don't even know what spring and fall are ;)

5:34 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

In words far better than mine:

Still round the corner there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.--J. R. R. Tolkien

Who knows what awaits you, Pat? I hope you have clear skies (in spite of the weather man) and smooth sailing. Can't wait until you're back with us.

cjh

6:44 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

nymeth: I will be most relieved when it's over..

Kim: I better not hear guns!! I went 23 yrs without seasons and the 10 here have been welcomed (though i don't "do snow" lol

Chris!.. argh! I don't do beaches!! I don't do bathingsuits of any kind anymore! (but fyi: I wore a bikini up until I was 55!)

Ohhh CJ! I love that saying! I wonder why I never read it before!!!! I wrote it down in my paint program I will have to do something with it!!!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Hey, Pat. I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible and that the drive down is not too tedious. Will certainly miss you and hope that you'll be back with us again *really* soon.

That Tolkein quote from cj is lovely!

7:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: yeah I like that quote, can't believe I never read it before.... thanks again for my dose of Susan Boyle!!!! though I have to say seeing the original first song still makes me cry!

7:20 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

Glad to oblige re Susan Boyle! Agree about that first time though... I think it's the whole impact of the disparaging looks when she walked onstage and how she wiped those looks right off their faces with her fabulous voice. It gets me every time and I go and watch it regularly.

7:27 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: yeah it's sorta like she "gets even" with the people who put you down .. and wouldn't we all like to do that?!!

7:29 PM  
Blogger MilkyWayfarer said...

Pat, I truly hope your move goes smoothly & that the weather clears b4 you go. Having moved to a different city (& often a diff. st.) 6 times, I do not envy you. If the rain gets too heavy, please pull off somewhere safe till it subsides. I think it'd be a great idea to take some 'home dirt' with you. :} Then use it to do some potted flowers for your apt. My hubby & I recently moved from my 'home state' of AL back to Dallas, TX, which is his 'home.' I don't like being so far from friends & family but hubby spent 17 yrs there 4 me, so now I'm returning the favor. :} We've lived here b4 so it's not strange territory. But we downsized from a 4BR house to a small 1BR apt. We had to get rid of a lotta stuff & I stored some boxes with my sis. (Luckily we didn't have to give up pets.) So I surely sympathize. Just try to concentrate on the positives: a safer environment, lower power bills, less house to maintain, etc. Try to make it as homey as possible too: do some plants with your 'home dirt,' decorate with your 'home stuff,' etc. As I've gotten older, & especially since we've moved, I've begun to 'live in my head' more: reading, Websurfing, writing, being creative. You already do all those things & you can do them in FL too. And don't forget that your 'digi-friends' are just a few mouse-clicks away. :} I look forward to seeing you online after your move & I truly hope you have a safe uneventful trip. XX {crossed fingers} Take care of yourself!
MilkyWayfarer (Susan)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Pat I hope to see you back online soon. May God go with you and your son and keep you safe from all harm. Huggies, Helen

7:48 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thank you susan... and yep i got my jar of dirt! I can open it and smell real dirt when I want!! needless to say I will be less stressed when this is all over..

thanks Helen: i am so sick of packing i wonder if i will ever unpack! lol (except my computer of course!)

7:55 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

bon voyage little Boo Boy and Pat!!

Too bad you guys just couldn't keep on a traveling. Just the two of you -- come on around and visit all of us blogger friends!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Best of luck to you on your new adventure. I hope you find peace-of-mind and happiness in Florida.

8:43 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Pat Dear...I hope ALL goes well and that everything works out---includimg the DSL being easily set up....AND, maybe with luck, it won't be raining. I'm happy that BooBoo is going with you...THAT is a wonderful thing.
I look forward to your return to Blogging as soon as you are able, my dear...AND, a safe safe trip ahead! Blessings On You & BooBoo.

12:03 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Pam: i have a friend and her hubby who move around to RV camps to work and stay a summer or winter etc.. they stop by and meet people that they only knew from the computer when they can! It's a nice thought isn't it?!

Hi Donna: thank you Donna.. peace of mind is not on my list but I sure wish I could find it!

Thanks Naomi.. hope to catch up with everyone within a week! I hope!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Good luck on the move, Pat -

We'll see you when you return.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Have a safe move, Pat! We'll see you when you return and hopefully by then you'll have settled into your new home (at least a little). ^-^

2:47 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I hope things go better than you think they are going to! Look forward to when you are back online!

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Daniel said...

Hurry back ! I miss you already !

4:38 PM  
Blogger Ladytink_534 said...

I hope you get there safely! It's not so bad down here near the coast (I wouldn't know about Florida though I live close enough that it's pretty much the same thing) and thanks to global warming it actually gets quite cold sometimes. I know what you mean though, I still miss Georgia a lot.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh Pat, I'm sorry you couldn't read this before going, I hope you have a safe trip, really safe, and that you like your new home. As for thunderstorms, we get them up here in Ottawa and yes, we lose power too because of them. It's not just in Florida! I do envy you the beach and the ocean, though. and you can go for walks and pick up sea shells and sand dollars and driftwood.....
please come back on soon, and here's a wish that all goes well.

Very good news that the kitties for the most part have found a home.
hugs, Susan

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home