My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, July 06, 2009

Monday Mail ...

Since I was going to do something to cheer myself up I thought I could at least (and because I have to) keep it cheap!

So I pulled up Book Closeouts... they are having a sale to beat all sales!

The first two books about astronauts Too Far From Home and Two Sides of the Moon were at Closeouts for 2.99 each!  And at amazon I found a used copy of To the Stars for only 3.50.  Not to bad huh?

 

I dug out the Hess Truck that had the Shuttle on it and used it for this photo...

I decided to "star" George and give him his own photo, and took the "Hess" off of the shuttle.  I think he'd approve.

I hadn't intended on getting George's autobiography but a friend who called me was raving about the book.  It seems she read any that came out on any of the original Trek crew and said this one was by far the best.  Sooooo, when I found a hardback used copy for only 3.50 I figured I'd give it a go. (Heck a brand new paperback of this book is selling for 25.00!! )

Of course these get added to the tbr pile for a time when I am ready for a dose of "reality".  And since I like to read about the original astronauts and enjoy a good autobiography they won't be forgotten.

9 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

Now that's some smart buying...hope you enjoy them all!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

That sounds like some super-smart shopping sense you've got! (Also, I take it Charmed Life hasn't arrived yet? Or did I just misread older posts and interpreted them as 'it hasn't arrived yet, aah!' when I shouldn't have?
I will throw a fit at the postal services if the one giveaway package with guaranteed delivery is the one that got lost.)

Er, more on topic, I hope you'll enjoy the books, love! ^-^

7:56 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Hi Debi: oh I expect to!

Shanra: no it hasn't arrived yet but we just had a holiday weekend too.. I have another used book that I've been told was mailed a week ago or more which hasn't arrived either.. I suspect they will both show up this week.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I bet George's autobiography will be excellent... look forward to hearing about that when you get to it.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Ana S. said...

Not bad indeed! Who can resist a good book bargain? :D

10:18 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Cath: yeah I got it because I friend told me how good it was!

Nymeth: don't tell Chris! lol just kidding he knows of the bargains there hahaha

12:30 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Great buys Pat! I can't wait to hear how the Takei book is!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

*yells at the postal services* Give Pat her book! You've delivered all the other books neatly on time and this way was supposed to be faster and safer!

*ahem* Sorry. I demand the book arrive this week or I'm sending you another to make up for it. (I'll, er, make sure it's not the same so you won't have a double if it does show up later, though.)

*sneaky grin* D'you think Chris would want my discount coupons for bookcloseouts? ^-~ *enabler, yes* Also, people have said this already, but you must tell us about the books when you've read them. You must! Inquiring minds want to know and all. ^-~

1:32 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

chris: don't worry I'll let ya know!

Shanra: I'm sure it will be!

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home