My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

August Wrap..

Well, August was a decent month for reading.

Of course it "looks" better than it is, due to the fact that Tortoise & Turtle and East of the Sun & West of the Moon barely make 100 pages between the two of them.  And the 4 Patricia Wrede books had to be added together to become about 600 pages... but ... it does "look" impressive (for me that is).

...also I have to admit that I just ate up View From the Bridge and To The Stars..I can't remember when I last did that!.. oh ... wait.. yes I can!.. it was last month when I read The Sorceress  ..heh.  Well, I still find it unusual when I fly thru a book, practically non-stop.

So, as you can well figure out for yourself, The View From the Bridge and To The Stars take my vote for favorite books for the month of August.  Strange that they are not my usual fantasy books.. but there you are, I must have been ready for a change.

And now we are headed into yet another change with Carl's RIP Challenge! (re: Graveyard Book was my first  read for that).  And I have to say this.. after having lived in New Jersey the last ten years, reading "fall type books" down here in the heat.. well... it's not quite the same for atmosphere. .. my thought was that I wish I could afford to shove the air-conditioning colder.. just while I was reading!  heh.. well it was a thought.

That's it for August.. I hope everyone had a favorite book or two ...or three last month!

(if you scroll down you will see that I posted some new pond pictures)

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Oddly enough, I'm just reading my 46th. book too. And that looks like a nice eclectic list to me. You should have done the non-fiction challenge!

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Pat, sweetie, I do think you're being far too hard on yourself. Those look like great figures to me. (Yes, even if you add up all the pages and end up with something 'less' impressive.)

It's also great to just have seen how much you've enjoyed the books you've been reading this month. Quality counts for so much more than quantity.

3:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: Carls Fantasy and RIP are the only ones I join.. i'm not big on "joining" I feel too obligated.

Shanra: oh I am all for enjoying what i read more than quantity! It's been a bad year with the deaths and all i've had happen.. i am beginning to enjoy reading some now..but even now I still have a feeling "it's not the same"..but thats my life...not the books.

5:36 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Fantastic set of books! You really did some great reading...Can I take some of your stats :/ I only read 4 books in August...not even 1,000 pages..I've had a horrible couple of months!

11:04 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Chris: since my brothers death and then David's my "stats" have sucked.. but it doesn't matter..the ones I've read have helped me escape somewhat and, as you well know, as long as they can occupy my mind they are a good thing! I've said it before.. anyone who can read even one book a month is a good reader.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home