My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Making of An Afghan

Last month I started making an afghan...  don't ask me why.. i don't know heh..

I thought I'd just show you the beginning pattern and when I'm done I'll show you the finished product. Ummm.. and I finished before I ever posted the beginning heh..  Here's the basic pattern:

(above: sept 27th)  Fetch likes it!  Below October20th.

 

October21..

Oct. 23..

I have to admit it... this was the first time I attempted "flowers"  It wasn't bad except for all the sewing it on ..I can't sew to save my life!

Today will be a double post so there are some pond pictures below this post!

15 Comments:

Blogger Ana S. said...

Awww, I LOVE the flowers!!

5:42 AM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

Oh that looks beautiful Pat!! And so so cozy :D You'll be getting lots of posts from me today :p

7:46 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Pat, that is GORGEOUS! I even loved it before the flowers! I've NEVER done anything as fancy as that -- but I'd love to give it a try. What is the pattern called?

9:00 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

This is lovely! Did you get the pattern from a book, or did you get it online? If you are enjoying crocheting you should check out Ravelry.com. I'm a member over there. I don't hang out a lot, but it is a great place to get patterns....

9:37 AM  
Blogger Sage Ravenwood said...

Beautiful afghan! I love the diamond pattern of the afghan. I haven't crochet in a while but this makes me want to look and see if I can find this pattern and try it. Once again beautiful work. (Hugs)Indigo

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

You are a whole new Pat!!!!!

You're photography is amazing, and now this!

1:13 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks nymeth!

yep I am on it Chris! Keep reading!

Melli: emailed you the pattern

JJ I signed on will check into it more later.

indigo: emailed you the pattern!

thanks Kathleen !

Hey Pam..I've always made afgahns and small stuff..problem is what to do with them! Now I have 4 never used ones stored away!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

For someone who's never done flowers before, you did a great job. They're very pretty.

6:19 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

hi cath: you aren't into pink eh? lol.. too much sewing to sew them all on I don't do that again anytime soon lol

6:20 PM  
Blogger Daphne said...

What a beautiful afghan! You are doing an amazing job.

8:34 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Daphne.. you know the old saying "idle hands" lol I cant just sit and watch tv unless it's REALLY good and not a repeat! lol so I read or crochet when the tv is on

10:34 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

YOU DID A FABULOUS JOB!!!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

This is beautiful Pat. Well done! Helen

8:08 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

I saw you sent this pattern to Indigo. Is it from a book or online? Just curious. I've almost finished one and am looking for my next project...

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home