My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Pond

This little guy is probably my favorite of the birds that come here.  One of the men who feed the birds dubbed him "dead eye" because he never misses.  When that beak juts into the water it always comes out with something for him to eat.

But he's my favorite because he's pretty (tri colored), and he will come to within 3-4 feet of me to "hunt". 

As I'm sure you've noticed he poses for the camera all the time!  I just wish I could catch some "wing action" with him... all this and of course, he's got that great DA hairdo going for him.

 

He's definitely not a bread eater, he likes his tiny fish.  I wish I had something he would eat just to see if he'd take it from me.

I think he stares his prey down and hypnotizes them.

The great white Egret gave me something to photograph by  landing in the tree again..

I mean really!... in - the - tree..

...the tippy tippy top of the tree!

Eventually... he landed.

Sometimes these big birds are just amazing.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kailana said...

Great pictures as always Pat!

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Shanra said...

Oh, that tri-coloured heron is absolutely stunning! Such a handsome chap.

And that egret. Just wow. (And here I was thinking I'd commented on the previous post with him in the tree...) Just... Wow...

12:05 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Kelly :o)

Yeah the Egret is a nice looking bird.. i'm glad he keeps dropping by

12:48 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love the blue/grey colouring of the heron. He is so gorgeous.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More great pictures. Love birds and you do get quite a range of them there. Thought I had commented on your penguin and owl yesterday but somehow it might not have gotten on your blog. But I did say you little fella gave me penguin lust. Vala

5:20 PM  
Blogger Gavin said...

Herons are really fun to watch. I can stand at the beach and watch the great blue herons for hours! Great pictures Pat!

8:24 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cath: wish I had something that little guy would eat to see if I could "feed him".. that would be neat.

vala: penguin lust? lol lol

gavin: it seems strange talking of the same type birds when we are on opposite sides of the country and you are north and I am south.. you wouldn't think you'd find the same type birds lol

6:30 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

What a cute beedy eye the grey one has, The white one is beautiful sitting in that tree. Great shots Pat. I am glad that these birds & critters give you a good project to take pictures and share with us. Helen

10:40 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

Your Favorite is a GREAT Beauty...But that Egret is pretty awesome, too...How do they stay so clean...? What Beautiful Birds they are.....
Maybe you should buy some Fish Heads at the store and see if your Heron will take that from you....!

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home