My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, October 21, 2011

More *new* Books

I have come to the conclusion that no matter how hard I try I will always have 140 books in my tbr mountain!   I get it down by 3 or four and low and behold 3 or 4 new or in this case, used, books come into the house!  And so once again I have 140 TBR books!

In actuality these books  entered my apartment a week or so ago.. I just didn’t get to posting the photo.

I really have to keep reminding everyone that my not feeling well has really attributed to how much I enjoy a book.  I am reading Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie right now.. it’s slow going, and although I think Flavia is cute and I realize they made her interested in chemistry so she was more believable sounding more adult, the chemistry aspect has not thrilled me …I can’t say I am as enamored as most who read it… then again..I can’t say I’ve read a book that really excited me in quite some time.  I’ve enjoyed books but there hasn’t been a one I’ve decided to “keep”.  That being said, I am not quite half way thru the book.  It’s not one I will set aside and I am enjoying it to a degree.. it’s just not one of those “i love that book” feelings, and I do attribute a lot of not “loving a book” is due to  how I’ve been feeling the past couple of months.

newbks-3[1]

 

Anyway, I found 3 of these books at the used Library bookstore.. :  Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart,

The Sisters by Mary S Lovell

and Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley.

Nice Coaches and the Sisters were each 1.00 . Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie was 5.00 and in NEW condition. 

An Unpardonable Crime I found in Amazon “used” . Including the 3.99 shipping it cost me 4.00 .  Yes, I paid one cent for the book.

Will I ever get my tbr down to under 100????   I would dearly love that.  I would still always get books but I’d sure like the tbr to be lower.   I have to admit it wouldn’t be easy because many (MANY) of the books in my tbr are HUGE books! *sigh*.   I certainly don’t mind big books but my reading is so slow and it’s so hard to walk out of the used book store empty handed!!!  I’m doomed aren’t I?! 

10 Comments:

Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

So sorry you are still feeling poorly Pat....I know these things can change how one feels about evrything. I pray your bad feelings will lift and go far far away, sooner than later....!
I LOVE the name of that one book..."Sweetness At The Bottom Of The Pie"....Og course, I think: CHOCOLATE....lol!

1:16 PM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

A great deal on books at least puts a smile on your face :D I hope your new finds are wonderful reads <3

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Sisters can be a bit slow at points but it is such a good book! It made me fall in love with the Mitford sisters!

3:44 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

naomi...chocolate lover that you are, I am not surprised! lol

kelly: Ihope so too!

lola: ohhh thanks for letting me know that! I am not too bad with slow as long as it's interesting!

4:27 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

You are doomed to have 140 books in your TBR at all times. Don't feel bad, we all have too many. Enjoy!

4:45 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kathleen: gee thanks LOL LOL

5:32 PM  
Blogger Kailana said...

Enjoy your new books! I read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie. I really need to read the sequels.

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

I don't think I'll ever get my tbr mountain much lower down either. I'm interested in your thoughts on the Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, because I don't think I'd be enamoured either. I used to love Mary Stewart's books and may have read that one years ago - but I'm not sure!

I hope you find a book to love very soon - I'd like one too.

2:13 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

kelly: many are over the top about those books..it makes me wonder why I am not. I am enjoying it..but not over the top.

hi Margaret: I almost feel I shouldn't be saying anything about the books I read lately. I don't want to give the wrong impression. but, yes.. it's been a while since I was genuinely excited over a book.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I love the way you pick up such good books for next to nothing. Some great finds there, Pat!

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home