My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Stop Motion

I posted a few pictures over on my other blog where i put pictures that I don’t use on Blogspot, but his particular photo is one of my favorites so I thought I’d show it here.  While walking on the beach I noticed a large piece of what I call sandstone.  These stones, such as they are, wash up on shore all sizes and shapes.. I find most of them really interesting to look at. 

Anyway… this one was down where the waves were still washing over it and so I watched it for a bit and saw how the wave really splashed high and decided to try to get a picture of it..  and I have to say I love the effect and wish I had taken more snaps like this one.

bch8395[1]

I don’t have a real fancy camera..well it’s more than a point and shoot..but I don’t know how to work any of the fancy stuff.. I just, ummm… point and shoot lol.  I thought this sort of shot might come out just a blur.   And although I can see it in the small viewer on the back of the camera, I have learned that many times the photo’s that look really good small are not so good  when I put them on the computer.  Many are blurry and beyond being able to sharpen them up to focus. (which drives me crazy because supposedly when I hold the button down part way and a green square shows up the picture IS IN FOCUS..yeah right)

Now I find I want to go back to the beach and get more pictures like this, except this beach, with the many sandstones, was close to 20 miles away and I wouldn’t trust my “junker car” to get me there and back again.

But I still think this is a pretty neat photo, don’t you?

(below is a picture of a small piece of, what I call, sand stone)

stone3[1]

7 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Love that header picture. Those two pictures turned out Great. Helen

8:55 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Helen.. (not that I want to be in the forest mind you! lol)

9:08 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

WONDERFUL picture...! I love that you caught things mid-happening....And the "sandstune" is quite wonderful, too....!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I think those are excellent photos, Pat. I love the wave caught mid-crash and the sandstone is fascinating. Love all those bits in it. Shells?

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Tammy said...

Such a great article It posted a few pictures over on my other blog where it put pictures that I don’t use on Blogspot, but his particular photo is one of my favorites so I thought I’d show it here. In which Many are blurry and beyond being able to sharpen them up to focus.Thanks for sharing this article.

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

Such a great article which And although It can see it in the small viewer on the back of the camera, It can be learned that many times the photo’s that look really good small are not so good when It is put them on the computer.In which Many are blurry and beyond being able to sharpen them up to focus.Thanks for sharing this article.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Katie said...

Nice article which these stones, such as they are, wash up on shore all sizes and shapes. In which the beach and get more pictures like this, except this beach, with the many sandstones, was close to 20 miles away, Thanks for sharing.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home