My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Once Upon a Time: 2013

 once7mainbanner300_zpsc7389616[1]

Yeeeee-Hawwwww!  Carl is once again hosting his Spring Challenge of Once Upon a Time!

Thursday, March 21st begins the seventh annual Once Upon a Time Challenge. This is a reading and viewing event that encompasses four broad categories: Fairy Tale, Folklore, Fantasy and Mythology, including the seemingly countless sub-genres and blending of genres that fall within this spectrum. The challenge continues through Friday, June 21st and allows for very minor (1 book only) participation as well as more immersion depending on your reading/viewing whims.

This year I am signing up for The Journey….  But as always I read more !

thejourney71_zpscc4c0898[1]

I have a number of books that meet the criteria….

OUaT_zps0f0e09bc[1]

And who knows what else I might find!

For example: recently the mail arrived and low and behold..two more books for OUaT!

OuaT3_zps77db7913[1]     51oCk5Hja8L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_SX240_SY320_CR,0,0,240,320_SH20_OU01_[1]

So there’s no real “list” just a bunch of choices!

If you haven’t joined in before click the link on Carl’s name and read about it… you just might find yourself on a fantasy journey of your own!

10 Comments:

Blogger GeraniumCat said...

Oh, I thought Seraphina was terrific - hope you like it too! I'd love the Charles de Lint one too, I think, but he's not a writer who often turns up in secondhand bookshops here. I'd forgotten that I've got Spellwright on my Kindle, you've just reminded me - it's happening already, I'm finding other things I want to read and my post isn't even up yet :-)

Happy One Upon a Time!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

You crack me up, signing up for the Journey. :p I'd be mighty surprised if you read less than a dozen OUaT books. :D And I can't wait to hear about every one of them! Have fun, Pat!!!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I've read On Her Majesty's Secret Service and I think you will like it. I read Narnia when I was a kid, one of these days I want to reread it. I adored it way back when and the films are not bad either. The Charles de Lint looks good, I've read a couple of his and liked them but Geranium Cat is right that you don't see his books here a lot. When we had a Waterstones they sometimes had them but they really don't turn up in charity shops. Look forward to hearing about that one.

Love all your pics especially the one of you taking the photo.

Have fun, Sis. I know we both will.

10:42 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Geranium Cat: you are right about de Lint..there are many "fantasy" writers who never seem to show up at thrift shops..I am guessing that is because the books are more beloved than others and are kept!

Debi: well a few anyway lol

Cath: those big books (3 books in one) are rough on me and that's why they remain on the tbr pile..the print isn't quite as large as other books and the thought of 3 books at a time like that is daunting.. but we shall see what occurs lol

12:11 PM  
Blogger Kathleen said...

Enjoy the challenge. I always love the buttons that Carl uses for these...so lovely.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I totally forgot about Naomi Novik! I must go add the first in her Temeraire series to my list. I have held off on reading them for way too long. And you've already finished Seraphina??? Wow! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am hoping third times the charm for me. :\

3:07 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You've got your work and your fun cut out for you. ENJOY!!!

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You clearly have plenty to choose from! The Cats of Tanglewood Forest is one I recently added to my TBR list, so I'll be curious to see your thoughts!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Ooh, Seraphina! And the new Charles De Lint!! I've been eyeing that one, look at the cats :-) I LOVED Seraphina, so I hope you will too.

Love your list, and like Cath says - you know you are going to read more than one!!! I will be doing my post this weekend. I love Carl's choices for the badge this year, too.

Did you buy The HObbit yet? My daughter and I did, and we are watching it this weekend. I think I will include it in my OUaT choices! lol

12:29 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Hi Pat, as usual you have a wonderful list of books to read. The new Charles de Lint looks really good. Looking forward to reading all your reviews!

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home