My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Here we go Again!

This time, because of the Stephen King book, I really wonder if I’m loosing it?!  I don’t read Stephen King!  (but I admit to having 11.22.63 by King, but only because it’s about the Kennedy assassination) So I don’t know why I took this book!   I can admit my second choice makes me laugh too!  I bought it because of the cover!  Can you believe that it’s “book 2” and I don’t own book 1?!!! lol…  More and more I just know that they are holding a room for me at the “funny farm”!!

bks_zpsbedc6e6e[1]

Now.. Dragonsinger is a different story!  I don’t happen to own Dragonsong, Dragonsinger or Dragondrums in hard back and this is hardback!!  I squealed as I picked it up!  But it’s not “perfect”.. the whole first chapter came out in one piece (not page by page).  I think it can be glued back in, at least I hope so!  Either way it goes in my Pern collection!   I can’t say a whole lot for the cover…. I guess I am spoiled by Michael Whelan covers!

bks2_zps8275819e[1]

Having never seen the hardback of Dragonsinger before I thought her dedication was nice!

bks3_zps3bb1c076[1]

Days later I took books I had read to drop off of Friends of the Library…   *huge sigh*

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’d dig through the garbage if I thought there were books in it!  *groan* (Dropped off 3 and brought home 3!) Two of the books are over 500 pages.. can you hear me groaning?

bkss_zpse440c9e2[1]

Then in the mail a book came that I signed for a free copy of!..duh. As all this adds to my tbr pile I still hope the other “free book” comes which is the Diane Setterfield book!

bksfree_zps1557e506[1]

If I thought a speed reading class would help I think I’d take it!  But at my age “speed” is a word of the past! 

I better go read a chapter or two from the book I am reading or I will never get to any of these!…

So… how grows your TBR pile?

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'm now having this weird image of you digging through the garbage at the funny farm! LOLOLOL! ;-D

You got some good stuff there, Pat. That Nancy Mitford book is meant to be good I think. The Eleanor Roosevelt one looks good too. And how could have possibly left Dragonsinger behind? No way.

10:50 AM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

You are too funny, Pat...! I think you should just accept that this is who you are and enjoy every moment of it! No one is sitting in Judgement of you, my dear....I think it is WONDERFUL that you have this incredible passion fir reading and Books! If someone is critical of that, well, just tell them to go jump in the lake! (I was going to use the "F" word, but thought better of it...lol)

Being a Biography and Autobiography lover---those last three look VERY interesting, to me, especially the Eleanor R. book.

2:27 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

I agree with what The Old Lady of the Hills just said, Pat. It's not like you're spending hundreds of dollars on books every week. And, as we both are aware, it's a short life... we all need something to make us happy. I think it's lucky that for both us it's something as innocent and cheap as books. Lucky you're not addicted to expensive jewellry or clothes. LOL

3:57 AM  
Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

The Halfblood Chronicles are good. I have all three. The only thing is, they leave room for a forth book and Andre Norton passed away during the writing of it. Roomer was, ML was supposed to finish it on her own but it hasn't happened as of yet as far as I know. I am still hopeful...and still waiting...lol

6:26 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I agree with Cath and Old Lady, Pat. It's a good obsession to have, and harms no one. There is so much of everything in books, wisdom and history, stories, knowledge. It's wonderful and I think indulging this love is one of the pleasures of this age. I hope you love all the ones you bought!

11:54 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I signed up for the Setterfield book as well. Hope I get it, although I'll buy it either way.

The art on that McCaffrey book looks really familiar. Wonder if I've seen the artist's work elsewhere as I've never seen any other cover art for her Pern books but Whelan's.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home