My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, July 06, 2013

Sometimes I wish I never heard of Thrift Shops!

Sometimes.

But the thought of not finding some gems for only 1.00 or .50 is to depressing!

I will say only one sentence:

“went to a thrift shop and my tbr pile just went up by FOUR!!!! AGGGGGHHH!”

 

morebks_zpsff66781b[1]

5 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Oh but you pick up such great bargains, Pat! I'm so jealous you got The Faery Reel, that's a book I've had my eye on for ages.

And I know how much you love reading about the Roosevelts. I heard Eleanor discussed on TV tonight. Apparently they lived in a small appartment at one stage and had a baby there. There was a new fad for putting your baby in a cage and hanging them outside for fresh air, sometimes high up. It caused a furore but she said she thought she was just being a good mother. Too funny.

6:32 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL....You are wonderfully consistent Pat....And you always pick great books!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

LOL--I could not live without thrift shops! :P And dang, lady, but it looks like you came away with some awesome finds!

7:47 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I couldn't live without thrift shops either....but dang it all...I wish I could read a LOT faster! lol

7:53 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Immortal Unicorn!!!!! Faery Reel (happily I own it so I don't have to lust for it on your page!), it's very good stories in it. Two good bios - oh Pat, thrift stores are fabulous!!!! I have a hard time going past them too, especially when I know they carry books.

Good haul!! I hope you enjoy each of them :-)

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home