My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Books Read in April..

For me, I have done exceptionally well reading this year!  But it is about to fall off a bit in May as I will have company and not be reading very much for a while.  But until then, here's my list of seven books for April:

 

April...

25..The Alchemyst.......................Michael Scott.......(400 pgs)

The Alchemyst is the first of a 6 book young adult series... it is really, really, (REALLY) a good series!  Matter of fact Paramount PIctures has bought the rights to make a movie from the first book!  And if that's not enough to want to read them:  Michael Scott is a fantastic writer! ('nuff said)


26..What She Left Behind................Ellen Marie Wiseman.(321 pgs)

I have to admit that all the books I read this month were really good.. including this one!


27..The Forgotten Girl..................David Bell..........(448 pgs)

David Bell has turned into a writer that I enjoy.  I've read a number of his books and they all are good reads!


29..The Lewis Man.......................Peter May...........(320 pgs)

ok... so this Peter May series that begins with The Blackhouse, and takes place in the Hebrides Islands (Lewis Island) off of Scotland are just and outstanding trilogy!!


30..Firedrake...........................Richard Knaak.......(234 pgs)

This one, although I liked it would be my least favorite. 


31..The Chessman........................Peter May...........(308 pgs)

Book 3 of the Peter May trilogy.  I wish it wasn't over the characters and the Island are all fascinating even if the story is fiction!


32..Gaudy Night.........................Dorothy Sayers......(544 pgs)

I got a bit lost in this book. As I age I can't keep track to too many characters! lol.. but still a good mystery!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Wow, Sis, you did really well this month! And some really interesting books too. You're making me want to get back to Peter May's books. Enjoy your company in May.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

That is a fine batch of reading you did! Gaudy Night finally arrived for me at the library yesterday, so I'm hoping to start that one soon.
Company--how fun! Hope you enjoy!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home