My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Anatomy of Evil

Anatomy of Evil by Will Thomas.

Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: Minotaur Books;(May 12, 2015)
ISBN-10: 1250041058


 



 

Amazon Review

Cyrus Barker is undoubtedly England's premiere private enquiry agent. With the help of his assistant Thomas Llewelyn, he's developed an enviable reputation for discreetly solving some of the toughest, most consequential cases in recent history. But one evening in 1888, Robert Anderson, the head of Scotland Yard's Criminal Investigation Department (CID), appears at Barker's office with an offer. A series of murders in the Whitechapel area of London are turning the city upside down, with tremendous pressure being brought to bear on Scotland Yard and the government itself.

Barker is to be named temporary envoy to the Royal Family with regard to the case while surreptitiously bringing his investigative skill to the case. With various elements of society, high and low, bringing their own agenda to increasingly shocking murders, Barker and Llewellyn must find and hunt down the century's most notorious killer. The Whitechapel Killer has managed to elude the finest minds of Scotland Yard―and beyond―he's never faced a mind as nimble and a man as skilled as Cyrus Barker. But even Barker's prodigious skills may not be enough to track down a killer in time.

I believe this is the third book of this series that I have read.

The main characters are good enough to keep my interested in the story line.  This particular one, as you can read above, is based on Jack the Ripper.  It is always interesting to read the fictional parts of stories such as this, to see what the author's take on it is, and how they manipulate their  characters to fit  the reality that has be written about so many times.  Of course anything written "back in the day" in any part of England is generally good reading for me!

I did enjoy this book and have his newest on my wish list.

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Pat, have you thought about doing a blogpost with a list of the all the authors you read that write about Victorian times? I've done it with Cornish books, snow stories, Ancient Rome and so forth. I find mine useful and I notice on my stats page that they get a lot of hits, especially the Cornish one... that post is the most popular post I've ever done. I would certainly bookmark any post you did like that. No pressure... just a suggestion.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I really like the cover of this one...

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home