My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Silent Sister

The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlain.

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin (October 6, 2015)
ISBN-10: 1250074355






Amazon Review:

"Chamberlain's powerful story is a page-turner to the very end." -Library Journal

Riley MacPherson has spent her entire life believing that her older sister Lisa committed suicide as a teenager. It was a belief that helped shape her own childhood and that of her brother. It shaped her view of her family and their dynamics. It influenced her entire life. Now, more than twenty years later, her father has passed away and she's in New Bern, North Carolina, cleaning out his house when she finds evidence that what she has always believed is not the truth. Lisa is alive. Alive and living under a new identity. But why, exactly, was she on the run all those years ago? What secrets are being kept now, and what will happen if those secrets are revealed? As Riley works to uncover the truth, her discoveries will put into question everything she thought she knew about her family. Riley must decide what the past means for her present, and what she will do with her newfound reality. Told with Diane Chamberlain's powerful prose and illumination into the human heart and soul, The Silent Sister is an evocative novel of love, loss, and the bonds among siblings.

"Enthralling and gripping...Chamberlain has a gift for telling stories about families whose good intentions go awry in difficult circumstances. Her characters are always portrayed with an understanding that sometimes life's most tragic mistakes require heroic strength to survive."

Boy.. talk about getting sucked right into a story! lol.  Whenever it's "family secrets" over years and then finding them out ..well.. needless to say,  I got sucked right into the story!

I must have needed this type of book because I read it awfully fast! I am not a speed reader.. not even close! But I read this in two days!  sheesh.. I guess I was being nosey!    Actually, I did enjoy the book very much.  Sometimes we need those "quick reads" to get us back on track with our reading.. although I expect May to be a very bad month for reading.

Tomorrow I get my friend from California visiting me for a few days and that thrills me. We haven't seen each other since I left California..about 18 yrs.  After that I have another girlfriend coming by and we are discussing taking a little driving trip. So if all that comes about, there certainly won't be time for reading.  Which is probably a nice break. 

This was an enjoyable quick reading book!  Try it you might like it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Love the sound of this one! The description has me very curious to know 'why'. lol

Really thrilled that you're having a visitor for a few days and then thinking about a trip. I hope it comes about and that you have a fabulous time.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Kailana said...

I have heard of this author before, but never read her. One day!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home