My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, October 31, 2016

The Hidden Child

The Hidden Child by Camilla Lackberg.

Hardcover: 526 pages
Publisher: Pegasus (May 15, 2014)
ISBN-10: 1605985538


    



 

Amazon Review:

The brilliant new psychological thriller from worldwide bestseller Camilla Läckberg―the chilling struggle of a young woman facing the darkest chapter of Europe’s past.

Crime writer Erica Falck is shocked to discover a Nazi medal among her late mother’s possessions. Haunted by a childhood of neglect, she resolves to dig deep into her family’s past and finally uncover the reasons why. Her enquiries lead her to the home of a retired history teacher. He was among her mother’s circle of friends during the Second World War but her questions are met with bizarre and evasive answers. Two days later he meets a violent death. Detective patrik Hedström, Erica’s husband, is on paternity leave but soon becomes embroiled in the murder investigation. Who would kill so ruthlessly to bury secrets so old? Reluctantly Erica must read her mother’s wartime diaries. But within the pages is a painful revelation about Erica’s past. Could what little knowledge she has be enough to endanger her husband and newborn baby? The dark past is coming to light, and no one will escape the truth of how they came to be .

I wasn't real sure about this book but it turned out to be very enjoyable!  If there was one drawback it was trying to figure out how to say Sweden and German names!  Other than that.. I really liked it.

The background is the time and place in which it took place. The time was 1943-1945 during the ending of WWII.

There was everything you would want in this book.  Many "secrets" to be figured out.  A few murders to figure out.  And how the combination of everything comes together!

I surprised myself at reading a book over 500 pages before October ended.  But I did!  Finished the book yesterday and trying to post it here on Halloween!

This was  an interesting book that was also filled with a historical time and how people managed in such a horrid time.  I will admit that the time period and it being "historical fiction" it helped a lot.  If you are in to figuring out mysteries and "family secrets" this well might be a book for you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Hmm, I've got a book by Camilla Lackberg somewhere but not sure what it is. Not this one for sure. I shall watch for this as it sounds really good.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home