My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, September 08, 2017

The Sleepwalker

The Sleepwalker by Chris Bohjalian.
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Doubleday;(January 10, 2017)
ISBN-10: 038553891X



Amazon Review
When Annalee Ahlberg goes missing, her children fear the worst. Annalee is a sleepwalker whose affliction manifests in ways both bizarre and devastating. Once, she merely destroyed the hydrangeas in front of her Vermont home. More terrifying was the night her older daughter, Lianna, pulled her back from the precipice of the Gale River bridge. The morning of Annalee's disappearance, a search party combs the nearby woods. Annalee's husband, Warren, flies home from a business trip. Lianna is questioned by a young, hazel-eyed detective. And her little sister, Paige, takes to swimming the Gale to look for clues. When the police discover a small swatch of fabric, a nightshirt, ripped and hanging from a tree branch, it seems certain Annalee is dead, but Gavin Rikert, the hazel-eyed detective, continues to call, continues to stop by the Ahlbergs' Victorian home. As Lianna peels back the layers of mystery surrounding Annalee's disappearance, she finds herself drawn to Gavin, but she must ask herself: Why does the detective know so much about her mother? Why did Annalee leave her bed only when her father was away? And if she really died while sleepwalking, where was the body?
     Conjuring the strange and mysterious world of parasomnia, a place somewhere between dreaming and wakefulness, The Sleepwalker is a masterful novel from one of our most treasured storytellers.


Well.. this was a decent read.. and!...a truly surprise ending!!  You have a suspicion but you won't be right lol.
With the Hurricane almost here I am not much in a mood to write about it.. so I hope Amazon did a good job. I was good enough for me to read the book!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

This one sounds like a good creepy type of read. Glad you enjoyed it, Sis. You stay safe this weekend. Thinking and worrying about you but hoping they're right and the hurricane is heading away from Florida.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home