My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Revenge in a Cold River

Revenge in a Cold River by Anne Perry.
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Ballantine Books(August 22, 2017)
ISBN-10: 1101886374




When Commander Monk of the Thames River Police is called to investigate the drowning of an escaped prisoner, he’s forced to contend with customs officer McNab, who clearly bears a bitter grudge against him. But the reason is a mystery in itself. Monk’s memory loss—a secret he guards closely—leaves him vulnerable to repercussions from his missing past, especially his exploits overseas in the tumultuous Gold Rush days of San Francisco. And now McNab, as icy and unfathomable as the steel-gray Thames itself, appears intent on using whatever damning facts he can find to his advantage to ruin Monk’s future as an officer of the law. 

As Monk explores the possibility of a conspiracy, McNab’s game of cat and mouse escalates, with veiled threats and cryptic insinuations. Snared in an unforeseen trap, a desperate Monk must turn to his wife, Hester, and friend and attorney Oliver Rathbone for help, as his life literally hangs in the balance.


As many books as Anne Perry has written, this is the first one I have read.
As most know, Iike books that take place in Victorian England, so it fills the bill in that respect.

I thought the beginning was a little slow, but.. once it picked up it really moved right along!  I did enjoy the book enough so that I have put another of her books on my wish list.

I liked the main character of Monk and the twist she has on him of having a loss of memory, so that he doesn't realize why McNab seems to hate him so much.   The book has twists and turns and things you think you know ...you don't really know.  It kept me reading for sure. 

A good read. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I've read several of her Charlotte and Thomas Pitt books, also Victorian, and those are good as well. I've also read quite a few of her Christmas books and liked those. She's a good author. Do you know who she is?

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home