My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, January 04, 2019

A Death in the Small Hours

A Death in the Small Hours by Charles Finch.

Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Minotaur Books (August 6, 2013)
ISBN-10: 1250031494




Amazon Review
From Charles Finch, the critically acclaimed author of A Beautiful Blue Death and A Burial at Sea, comes A Death in the Small Hours--an intriguing new mystery in what The New York Times calls "a beguiling series" 
 
Charles Lenox is at the pinnacle of his political career and is a delighted new father. His days of regularly investigating the crimes of Victorian London now some years behind him, he plans a trip to his uncle's estate, Somerset, in the expectation of a few calm weeks to write an important speech. When he arrives in the quiet village of Plumley, however, what greets him is a series of strange vandalisms upon the local shops: broken windows, minor thefts, threatening scrawls.
 
Only when a far more serious crime is committed does he begin to understand the great stakes of those events, and the complex and sinister mind that is wreaking fear and suspicion in Plumley. Now, with his protege, John Dallington, at his side, the race is on for Lenox to find the culprit before he strikes again. And this time his victim may be someone that Lenox loves.

This is my second book by Charles Finch. I read "The Inheritance" in 2017.

I always love short chapters, it keeps me reading longer than I would with long chapters.  If you like short chapters you will be happy because this is one of those books.

Charles Lenox is in Parliament but has a love solving crimes, which he used to do. He seems to be now doing what his parents would be proud of rather than what he loves.
I enjoyed this story.  Victorian times are always among my favorites.  I will most likely read another by Charles Finch.. but who knows when? I don't think I could read all my TBR books I have before I die!  Which is why there is always a large TBR pile (about 130) at my home!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

This sounds pretty good. Victorian times are always fun, the Anne Perry one I just finished was excellent.

Ah yes, the humble tbr pile... not so humble in both our cases. LOL!!

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home