My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

The Crossing

The Crossing by Michael Connelly.

Print Length: 401 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company (November 3, 2015)
Publication Date: November 3, 2015
ASIN: B00U6DNZOY




Detective Harry Bosch has retired from the LAPD, but his half-brother, defense attorney Mickey Haller, needs his help. A woman has been brutally murdered in her bed and all evidence points to Haller's client, a former gang member turned family man. Though the murder rap seems ironclad, Mickey is sure it's a setup.

Bosch doesn't want anything to do with crossing the aisle to work for the defense. He feels it will undo all the good he's done in his thirty years as a homicide cop. But Mickey promises to let the chips fall where they may. If Harry proves that his client did it, under the rules of discovery, they are obliged to turn over the evidence to the prosecution.
Though it goes against all his instincts, Bosch reluctantly takes the case. The prosecution's file just has too many holes and he has to find out for himself: if Haller's client didn't do it, then who did? With the secret help of his former LAPD partner Lucy Soto, Harry starts digging. Soon his investigation leads him inside the police department, where he realizes that the killer he's been tracking has also been tracking him.

I think I enjoy an occasional Michael Connelly,Harry Bosch book because after having lived in San Fernando Valley for a few years I like reading the street names and towns and know exactly where he is!!  Yes, it's a dumb reason... but it works! 

I haven't read many Harry Bosch books but I did enjoy all of them.  Once again I get hooked on short chapters, and Michael Connelly's writing doesn't make it so you don't understand  what's going on.

Good quick reading for someone who is away from home and won't be sitting for hours at a time reading.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I think reading a book set where you know all the streets is no bad reason for enjoying it. I always like that myself. I once read a book set in Mousehole where I spent a lot of my childhood. My aunt and uncle lived in a small road with about four houses and a person in the book stayed in a B&B there. I felt sure it was their house. LOL

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home