My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Brass Verdict

The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly.

Hardcover: 422 pages
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company (October 14, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0316024627

 


Amazon Review:

Defense attorney Mickey Haller and Detective Harry Bosch must either work together or die as they investigate a Hollywood lawyer's murder in this "epic page-turner" (Library Journal).
 
Things are finally looking up for defense attorney Mickey Haller. After two years of wrong turns, Haller is back in the courtroom. When Hollywood lawyer Jerry Vincent is murdered, Haller inherits his biggest case yet: the defense of Walter Elliott, a prominent studio executive accused of murdering his wife and her lover. But as Haller prepares for the case that could launch him into the big time, he learns that Vincent's killer may be coming for him next. 

Enter Harry Bosch. Determined to find Vincent's killer, he is not opposed to using Haller as bait. But as danger mounts and the stakes rise, these two loners realize their only choice is to work together.

Bringing together Michael Connelly's two most popular characters, The Brass Verdict is sure to be his biggest book yet.

Yet another good book by Michael Connelly!  I guess when I picked it up at the thrift store I didn't notice that it wasn't a Bosch book.   Instead it was about Haller, an attorney , who I remembered from the last Bosch book I read.  And it turns out that Bosh is also in the book and it seems like this was the book where they first met.

The biggest part of the book was a trial that Haller had "inherited" about a movie mogul accused of murdering is wife and lover.  All I will say is there are a few surprises towards the end of the story!

This was a good read. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

You managed to finish it before the end of June! Well done.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home