My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, December 20, 2019

The Orphan's Tale by Pan Jenoff.

Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: MIRA;(February 21, 2017)
ISBN-10: 0778319814



 

Amazon Review:


A powerful novel of friendship set in a traveling circus during World War II, The Orphan’s Tale introduces two extraordinary women and their harrowing stories of sacrifice and survival

Sixteen-year-old Noa has been cast out in disgrace after becoming pregnant by a Nazi soldier and being forced to give up her baby. She lives above a small rail station, which she cleans in order to earn her keep… When Noa discovers a boxcar containing dozens of Jewish infants bound for a concentration camp, she is reminded of the child that was taken from her. And in a moment that will change the course of her life, she snatches one of the babies and flees into the snowy night. 

Noa finds refuge with a German circus, but she must learn the flying trapeze act so she can blend in undetected, spurning the resentment of the lead aerialist, Astrid. At first rivals, Noa and Astrid soon forge a powerful bond. But as the facade that protects them proves increasingly tenuous, Noa and Astrid must decide whether their friendship is enough to save one another—or if the secrets that burn between them will destroy everything.


Well... it was a heart rendering story. It didn't quite do it for me though. Not enough "excitement" or who did something in it for me. 

Amazon gives a good review of the book, I couldn't say it as well, so go by that if you wonder if this book is for you.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'll nab it if I see it in the library as I seem to be a WW2 mood at the moment. I thought In the Garden of Beasts was excellent.

6:12 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I had looked up when I read it and you were very interested in it back then! I'm not surprised you liked it so much. WWII huh? I think tomorrow I will be posting the last book for me for this year. Waiting under it is "The Murrow Boys" (EDward R Murrow) history isn't my fastest reading lol.. My number may fall even farther if I get into some history! sigh.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

My husband, who never read a book most of his life until I recommended one I read and gave him my old iPad to read it on. Now he always has a book in progress, although he doesn't read through a book as fast as I do because he doesn't spend nearly as much time reading. He loves history! Me, not so much.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home