My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, June 21, 2020

Inspector of the Dead




                                      "Story that I've read before"......



Inspector of the Dead by David Morrell.


Series: Thomas and Emily De Quincey  (Book 2)
Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Mulholland Books;(October 11, 2016)
ISBN-10: 0316323950





Amazon Review:

Legendary thriller writer David Morrell transports readers to the fogbound streets of London, where a killer plots to assisinate Queen Victoria.

The year is 1855. The Crimean War is raging. The incompetence of British commanders causes the fall of the English government. The Empire teeters. Amid this crisis comes opium-eater Thomas De Quincey, one of the most notorious and brilliant personalities of Victorian England. Along with his irrepressible daughter, Emily, and their Scotland Yard companions, Ryan and Becker, De Quincey finds himself confronted by an adversary who threatens the heart of the nation.

This killer targets members of the upper echelons of British society, leaving with each corpse the name of someone who previously attempted to kill Queen Victoria. The evidence indicates that the ultimate victim will be Victoria herself.


This is the second of 3 books by David Morrell the used Thomas De Quincey as the main character. (one more to go)

This trio of books, if you like murder and detective work, are really great reads!  They never slow down and you don't figure them out until close to the end.. even then he can surprise you. And if you read these books you might become interested in the "real" Thomas De Quincey. If you do you can find books by him on Amazon.



#VentureForth2020

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I don't think I've read this one, I think I've only read the first book in the series. When the library reopens I'll see if they have it. You're doing well with Venture forth, Pat!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Another list of books to add to my list for gifts to get for Mary. So many of the books I've gifted her over the last 15 years have been recommendations from book bloggers.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home