My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 29, 2020

Books at Home/ Venture Forth

This post is Part of Books at Home hosted by Reader in the Wilderness .  It is also Venture Forth hosted by Carl Anderson.  They have to do with each other.. talking about Books at Home and Summer Reading.. Two great topics, especially when we are basically locked in..no better time to read!


 

 Today's choice (and probably most of my choices) will be Shelf Books at Home. Most of these are a small part of my TBR stash.  But a few I have read and are "keepers"


 

 Going left to right.. the first book shows no title but it is:
No Name by Wilkie Collins,  then

Dull Knifes of Pine Ridge by Joe Starita

Maggie Smith: A Bright and Particular Star by Michael Coveney

Irish Ghost Stories by Michael Scott

Walking the Trail:One Mans Journey Along the Trail of Tears by Jerry Ellis

The Haunted Hotel and other Stories by Wilkie Collins

Mad Monkton and other Stories by Wilkie Collins

Magnificent Desolation by Buzz Aldrin

Who Murdered Chaucer by Terry Jones

(Series) Race of the Dragons/ Secret of the Dragons/Bones of the Dragon by Weis and Hickman

Dutchess of Devonshire by Deborah Mitford

Fried Green Tomatoes by Fannie Flagg

Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee (3rd copy for giving away) by Dee Brown

Waterfalls of the Smokies by Hal Hubbs, Charles Maynard & David Morris


 It's strange how you can get certain books and then they sit there for years before you get to it.  I'm sure it has to do with my mood and what sort of book do I feel like reading at the time.  I go through my books about once a year to see them all and see if I still think I want to read certain books...I don't remember ever getting rid of any...heh. So the TBR pile never seems to shrink!

There are many other reasons books sit for so long.. but eventually I hope to get to them all!



#VentureForth2020 .  Enjoy your summer reading!

3 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

The Duchess of Mitford book is very interesting, crazy family! And you have 2 books of Wilkie Collins short stories! Did you know Wilkie is short for William? I didn't! LOL

6:03 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I meant of course The Duchess of 'Devonshire'. LOL!

4:01 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Great selections. Nice and varied as well.

I can certainly relate, I've brought many a book home due to a strong passion to read it, only to have it languish on a shelf, or pile, unread.

I actually went through just my upstairs shelves last night and counted how many of the books I've read vs. unread, leaving aside any duplicates: 189 read, 171 unread. The downstairs books probably lean way hard towards unread than read.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home