My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Gone but not forgotten...


I just heard on the news that we lost another fine actor: Tom Poston


Born: 1921-2007


I heard of his passing on the television news but I find nothing on the web news about it yet. All they said was he passed after a short illness.



I am sad that we have lost Mr Poston. I have a small but vivid memory about him... the first time I ever flew to California (LA) and got off of the plane and was waiting to be picked up by my friend, who was standing a few feet away?.. Tom Poston. Many a time I have chuckled when I thought about it.. first time in CA and there stood an actor! I remember humming "hollywood" in my mind and smiling!


I think I first remember Tom Poston from the Steve Allen Show. (well that sure dated me!). He also appeared on many game shows along with his movie career. He was on such shows as: I've Got A Secret with Gary Moore, To Tell the Truth with Bud Collyer, What's My Line with John Daly, Password Plus with Allen Ludden.


He was a regular on the Bob Newhart Show as Cliff Murdock and on Newhart as George Utley and did sever appearances on Mork and Mindy.


I'll miss him for all the laughter he gave me... and for being at LAX at the right time!


4 Comments:

Blogger Melli said...

Awwwwww... I really LIKED him! He was a good guy! God bless him...

9:29 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I loved him on the Bob Newhart show. I was sad to hear of his passing.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I'm afraid I don't recall every seeing him. His name is not familiar to me.

3:46 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

I just hope this isn't the start of "everything happens in 3's"..sigh.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home