My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Relief is just a book away...

Oh, thank gawd!!...

The Cornelia Funke (young adults) book, Dragon Rider, came in the mail today!! I have something to read!!!!

It is made like her Inkheart book. Short and almost square.. very odd. But I am so glad to have something to read while I await other books that won't get sent until the end of the month. Those 6 books will begin my "re-reading" of the Dragonlance Series.

I'm probably odd in that the books I really like, I try to re-read every few years. Though I know the basic story, I tend to forget small stuff and so I totally enjoy them all over again. Which is why I am in the midst of trying to get my old books in hard back form.

I only get Social Security (about 620 a month) so things remain tight. I don't mind finding them as "used books" as long as they are in really good condition. And of course, that's because I know I will still read them more then once.

I still have quite a few books to replace that way. One group is the first 4 Harry Potter books. My first read of them were my brothers hard back books. By book 5, I was buying my own hard backs but that means my first four that I own are paperbacks. Finding them at a cheap price is almost impossible. They seem to be holding their price or if someone does sell their hard copies they don't knock the price down very much.

Anyway... I feel better now that I can rest on my bed with a book to read !

Oh, and in the mail my X sister-in-law sent me an article about Harry Potter .. in it there was a quiz.. did i ever mention how horrible I am at Trivia?? heh..

Well.. for those who aren't horrible, and have seen the Potter movies or read the books here are the questions.. see how many you can answer!

What's the name for someone born into a wizarding family who has no magical powers? Squib.

What do Hermione's parents do for a livingDentist.

On what platform does Harry get the train to Hogwart's? 9 3/4

From what station does the train leave? Kings Cross

In the Sorcer's Stone: what was the first password for Gryffindor house? Caput Draconis

Which ghost is NOT tied to a specific house? C. Peeves the Poltergeist

What does S. P. E. W. stand for? Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare

What's the name of Voldermort's serpent? Nagini

What is Voldermort's real full name? Tom Marvolo Riddle

There's more but that's enough lol.. you can find the answers by highlighting all of the questions. Not to worry, I sure didn't know all of these and there were more questions!!... and you laughed when I mentioned that I re-read my books eh?.. well that's one good reason why!


'Till next time...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reading the Harry Potter series to my son right now. We're at Book 3.

Hm..

No clue what Hermione's parents do - A dentist?
(OH - I see you have the answers hidden in white - and I WAS RIGHT!)

I love Re-reading good books. There are always bits and pieces that I have forgotten along the way.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I can imagine what you will be doing through Easter, Deslily...munching on choccies with a good book in your hand. :)

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way - I've tagged you with my post coming out tomorrow (Wednesday)

10:47 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I'm happy for you Pat..Getting a book that helps you to relax and one that helps to take you to a different space...and lose yourself...Love That!

I have not seen any of the Pitter films nor read the bookd, so....No test for me.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home