My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Not the Norm...


*Getting out calendar and marking today* A first has happened to me! I won something! And not just a something but a fantasy BOOK! Hello? Is this a perfect win or what?!


Chris over at Stuff as Dreams are Made Of, had a giveaway of Mirrormask by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean.. and I won!



Now, normally... I am no winner of anything! So much so, that I rarely even try to win anything! But this week I put my name in the hat twice, both for books. It would be more then amazing if my name is picked for the second book too!! But, hey! I won!


I wonder if this means I should actually buy a lottery ticket?! I never buy them, because I'd never win.. I'm that person who wouldn't bet on a one horse race because that horse would fall and break a leg and never cross the finish line!.. that's the sort of luck I have!


I've been reading alot more book blogs... which is why you hear more about the books I am reading. (duh) I do enjoy reading fantasy .. which is why when I wrote my story, it too is a fantasy. (double duh) I love the escape it provides me (and trust me.. I NEED the escape!) and I am very character driven. If I like the characters, you've got me hooked! Then, of course, I hope it's more then a stand alone book, so that I can be with them over and over again.


Free or not, I would not have left my name to try to win if I didn't think it would be a book that I would enjoy... this one comes off as one that I should have no problem liking.


So... I circled the date on my calendar... it's surely a Special Day when I something so nice!!!


'till the next time...

8 Comments:

Blogger Homemom3 said...

Congrats! I remember winning, a few years ago I had a lucky streak and would win every book contest I entered. Now nothing. lol. Oh, if you would like to enter more contests I'm about to post about 20 of them. You sound like your keyboard is really lucky right now. :) Can't wait for the review on the book.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Congratulations!!! How wonderful! That is very cool!

12:53 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

thanks Melli! I am happy about it!

homemom3.. on my way to check your posts out!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Stewart Sternberg (half of L.P. Styles) said...

Congratulations. Now if I can just win an XBOX, we'll both have something to cheer about. I have the movie MirrorMask in my collection, I think I watched the first fifteen minutes of it before deciding: "Okay, well...maybe I need to try watching this another time."

3:29 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm so glad you won :p I'm sending it out tomorrow. I had quite the lucky streak with winning stuff too! I never win stuff. That's what made me do this giveaway.

5:57 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

It sounds like your luck has changed, Pat...Buy That Lottery Ticket! (lol)

4:46 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Congratulations, Deslily...that's wonderful. It's great to win something...and particularly something you love. :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

Congrats DesLily!

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home