My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, January 09, 2020

Mr Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore

Mr. Penumbra's 24 Hour Bookstore by  Robin Sloan.


Paperback: 288 pages
Publisher: Picador (September 24, 2013)
ISBN-10: 9781250037756






Amazon Review:


The Great Recession has shuffled Clay Jannon away from life as a San Francisco web-design drone and into the aisles of Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore. But after a few days on the job, Clay discovers that the store is more curious than either its name or its gnomic owner might suggest. The customers are few, and they never seem to buy anything―instead, they "check out" large, obscure volumes from strange corners of the store. Suspicious, Clay engineers an analysis of the clientele's behavior, seeking help from his variously talented friends. But when they bring their findings to Mr. Penumbra, they discover the bookstore's secrets extend far beyond its walls. Rendered with irresistible brio and dazzling intelligence, Robin Sloan's Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore is exactly what it sounds like: an establishment you have to enter and will never want to leave.


As Carl Anderson, who gave me the books said, "who can't like a book about books?"..
And he was right.  There was a lot of mystery going on and it kept me reading to find out what was going to happen next?  It is rather hard for any bibliophile not enjoy a book about a book store!!

There are a lot of very smart people in this book. People who have idea's that someone like me would never think of or even consider. But it sure is interesting  once you start thinking about it all!  And as for Mr Penumbra... If this ever becomes a movie.. my choice for Mr Penumbra is simple: Ian McKellen!

Thank you Carl!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

Oh, oh, oh... I've got this one on my Kindle!! Bought it last year because... yeah... it's a book about a bookstore. What's not to love? Will read it soon!

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home