My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, December 23, 2019

People From Dickens

People from Dickens by Rachel Field.

Publisher: SCRIBNER'S; First Edition edition (1935)
ASIN: B000J55A8I








Publisher: Charles Scribner's Sons
Date of Publication: 1935
Binding: hardcover
Edition: First Edition
Condition: Very Good/No Dust Jacket
Description: 8vo - 8" - 9" Tall 1st printing. Full cloth binding with color paper pastedown on front. Light all-over shelf scuffing. Gift note inked on half title page. Color endpapers. 208pp. Color plates. Pen and ink illustrations.


I just finished the last book for 2019.. and it was a beauty!
I found this book at a thrift shop a few years ago.  I never read it before.  I bought it for it's cover and the artwork within the book... and probably the fact that at that time I was reading some books of Dickens and Wilke Collins.

I am so glad I put this book away and kept it!  I love everything about his book!  I already mentioned the artwork.  The pages were so thick and rough I had to keep looking at the page numbers because they felt like 2 pages stuck together.  The book was published in 1935.  Every so many pages you could see the threads that sewed this book together!  The pages were all turning brown but I still loved this book. (and will keep it in the special group of "keepers").

It is 8 short versions of 8 of Dickens books, read as if they were each the entire book instead of a short story of the book.  Simply put...this was a most delightful book to read! Even if you aren't a reader of Dickens.. this gives a great example of his writings and lets you find out if you might actually want to read one of his entire books!


I give it a grade A !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

What a fantastic find! I love discovering little treasures like this. And so perfect to read at Christmas.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home