My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, April 25, 2021

The Gaslight Stalker

  

The Gaslight Stalker by David Field.

 

Publisher : Sapere Books (March 1, 2018)
Publication date : March 1, 2018
Print length : 198 pages

 

 

Amazon Review

 

London, 1888


Whitechapel is full of the noise of August Bank Holiday celebrations. Everyone is in high spirits until a woman – Martha Turner – is discovered brutally murdered.

Her friend, Esther, a lowly seamstress turned female sleuth, is determined to find the killer.
A young police officer, Jack Enright, takes the lead on the case, and he and Esther soon embark on a professional – and personal – relationship.


When another murder is committed and whispers of a slasher calling himself Jack the Ripper start flowing through the London streets, the search becomes even more desperate.


The police are on the wrong track and the young couple take matters into their own hands, and soon find themselves navigating through London’s dark underbelly.


Can they find the murderer before he kills again? Will anyone listen to their suspicions?
Or will this dark presence continue to haunt Whitechapel…?

 

A smaller book that was quite enjoyable.  I've read a number of books about Jack the Ripper but this one is different, which makes it a break from all the others.

When I got this book I did not realize that there were more books in the series.  I am interested in reading the others but am so far behind in all the books I have that I have not read, that I think for now they will just go on "ye ol' wish list"!

It's fast reading and only 198 pages so easy to carry to the beach or any restful place you might go.  It's also available as an E book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cath said...

I'm constantly amazed at the number of Victorian murder mystery series you manage to find. You're quite the detective yourself. LOL

5:41 PM  
Blogger David James said...

Apna Showroom Baby Boy's and Girl's Night Suit for 6-12 Months Combo Set (Pair of 2_Baby_Products_)
Baby cotton night suit for baby boys or girls new born white colorful bacho night suits for daily use night wear rat k bacho ka suitcotton apna showroom
Apna Showroom Baby Boy's Night Suit for 12 to 18 Months (apsw_Baby_Products_ Multi-Colored)
Apna Showroom Women's Cotton Panty (Multicolour, 90cm) - Pack of 12 Pieceswith desent Look
ladies cotton panties panty bridal kachhi kachi chaddi 80 90 32 28 30 panty female woman pack of 12 women girls panties daily use

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home