My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Sunday, December 27, 2020

Death's Detective

  

Death's Detective by Charlotte E English.

 

Publisher : Frouse Books (August 27, 2018)
Language: : English
Paperback : 326 pages
ISBN-10 : 9492824043

 

 

Amazon Review:

 

To catch a villain, send a monster.
There's a realm. Wreathed in ice and snow, drowning in the dark, Assevan needs a different kind of hero. 

There's a god. Merciless and cold, and quick to anger, the Lord of the Dead insists upon one thing only: vengeance for a murdered soul. 

And there's a man. A ruthless killer, Konrad is detective, judge and executioner in one. Dauntless, relentless, monstrous, he stands alone against the dark.
Meet the Malykant. Justice will be served. 

Four cases. Four killers. Four executions. Dark fantasy and murder mystery collide in this first collection of the Malykant Mysteries.

 

When I got this book I didn't realize that it was 4 "short stories".  Friends who know me know I am not a fan of "short stories". (with one exception: Nicholas Flamel).. anyway, it was here so I gave it a try.  Can you say "hooked"?!  Even I can't believe I am hooked on this book, the stories, the characters and their backgrounds and even "spirits" (snakes no less!).  Now, I like fiction and fantasy but I've never been into anything like this.

Now, that you know all of that.......... I loved this book!  So much that I ordered the other two books that uses these same characters.  Each of those have 4 stories also.   I will say, that the way book one was written it could have been just one story.  Each story is another murder and how the "detective" handles it in the manor in which his "boss" (who is "Death) wants him to.

My suggestion is to give this one a shot...

Different? Definitely.

Ghosts and Spirts?  Absolutely.

Characters with a background?  Totally.

Should you read it?  Without a doubt!