My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

A neat meme...

This is a really neat meme. After being reminded of it from Donna at A Country Life, I have decided to post it again.. for any new readers I may have!
***************************************************************
I am from an Irish father and a English mother.
I am from a small town in the eastern state of New Jersey. A very little town that had only one traffic light, one elementary school and no high school.
I'm from wild Tiger Lilies lining a creek that flowed thru part of the town.
I'm from a 4 family house with a chicken farm next to it and a second home with a small sheep pasture next to it.
I am from a town that had no movie theaters, or things to do. I am from an after school playground going higher then the bar on the swing.
I am from a family without a father. I am from a mother did a man's job in a nearby factory but did not get the same wages as the man next to her, doing the same thing. I am from a mother who raised two children by herself. I am from an unknown family. I am from a mother who was adopted and from a father who was a singer and a musician.
I am from the poor side of the tracks and thrift shop clothes. I am from never having said the word "daddy".
From hearing that my birth grandparents, on my mothers side, were of some distinction: a "Lord" in England. And that my grandmother by birth came back when my mother was 7 and wanted her back, but the court asked the child who she wanted to live with, and of course chose the only mother she knew.
I am from coal and wood burning stoves and irons that had changing handles.
I am from by birth, an Episcopalian, by choice Methodists and Presbyterian and now none at all.
I'm from Salvation Army camps, eating home made cookies at my neighbors, playing "pretend" under the front porch, and reading used Zane Grey books.
I am from puppies and turtles, and kittens born on windowsills, from wild strawberries and wild violets, and from catching frogs in streams. From big band and rock and roll music and the Syncopated Clock on t.v.
I am..... me.
*****************************************************************

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice. Even poor - your childhood sounded rich.

4:02 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

Very well written. I think you told a lot about yourself very succinctly, and made it really interesting.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Melli said...

Excellent! EXCELLENT! I did this one too ... many months ago! I LOVE

"I am from the poor side of the tracks and thrift shop clothes. I am from never having said the word "daddy"."

That says sooooooooooo much! You REALLY have a way with words!

5:54 PM  
Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I LOVE this Meme...and though I have been reading your blog for quite a while, I did not know most of what you wrote in this MEME....! Very Very interesting, Pat! Thanks for reposting it!

7:54 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

karmyn..well... rich? lol

thanks SQT.. I think you and everyone who reads this should do one too!

awww thanks Melli... you have to send me the link to the one you did so I can read it!

Naomi: I think I did some good things when I first started I guess I should repost some of it. That post I had with lots of links had the one to this post in it. You may have given me an idea to repost some old ones I did..thanks!!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Clap clap clap clap clap *****

I don't know how to applaud in cyber space.

1:55 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful post! Love it! :)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Astaryth said...

I love these.... I saw Mosie's and also remember the last two she did....

2:38 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I hadn't read this till now. I'm not exactly new though lol. A good read.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful and evocative..

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home