My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Friday, May 02, 2008

3 of 5

Quest the First...

Read at least 5 books that fit somewhere within the Once Upon a Time II criteria. They might all be fantasy, or folklore, or fairy tales, or mythology…or your five books might be a combination from the four genres.
Book 3: Red Dragon Codex by R D Henham



Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Mirrorstone; Paper over board edition (January 8, 2008)
ISBN-10: 0786949252

Amazon:
The Dragon Codices chronicle adventures with each of ten dragons of Krynn.From the fiery, evil red dragon to the playful copper, each dragon's tale is unique. Sindri Suncatcher, narrator of A Practical Guide to Dragons, shared these tales from his travels with library scribe R.D. Henham.

Mudd lives a peaceful life in his small town, tinkering with the mill and any mechanical devicesthat he can find. But his peaceful life soon changes when, out of nowhere, a red dragon attacks, burning the town and kidnapping Shemnara, the village seer. Only one clue is left behind--a cryptic note telling Mudd, "Seek the silver dragon."

This book is one among many that would be considered a small part of the Dragonlance series of stories.
Although 256 pages long, it is a small book which makes it a fast read. I can't say I was overly impressed with the writing of this story. The story itself was fairly straight forward, but I kept feeling it could have be written better.
It was a short adventure. The characters could have been built better, I didn't get a feeling of any character that really stood out to me. And since I am a character driven person, the book remaind kind of blah to me. It's one, that even if you have a love for the Dragonlance books, I would say, you could do without; unless of course you have to have everything ever written to the Dragonlance series, and in that case there are more Dragon Codex books.
It was not horribly bad, just not much substance to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home