My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Bears and Flying Machines.. Oh -My!

Ahhhh.. I took some time today and watched, The Golden Compass, that I had bought for my brother.


I would have a difficult time not enjoying this movie since I liked the books so much. The only down side is that it is ONLY the first book!

But who could not like it with the cast it has!?

Nicole Kidman ... Marisa Coulter
Daniel Craig ... Lord Asriel
Dakota Blue Richards ... Lyra Belacqua
Ben Walker ... Roger
Freddie Highmore ... Pantalaimon (voice)
Ian McKellen ... Iorek Byrnison (voice)
Eva Green ... Serafina Pekkala
Jim Carter ... Lord John Faa
Tom Courtenay ... Farder Coram
Ian McShane ... Ragnar Sturlusson (voice)
Sam Elliott ... Lee Scoresby
Christopher Lee ... First High Councilor
Kristin Scott Thomas ... Stelmaria (voice)
Edward de Souza ... Second High Councilor
Kathy Bates ... Hester (voice)


Even before it began I had remembered the ads and that Ian McKellan was the voice of the bear, Iorek Byrnison ! Loved the character when I read the books so this just was icing on the cake!


Oh! and Sam Elliott as Lee Scoresby! Hello!?!! (can we say, "one of the sexiest voices around?!!)


About now I can hear you saying, "oh man, she's into old men!"

"Hell yes!", I'm an old lady ya think I want a youngun? Nada!

And yes, I know Ian is gay.. so what?! He's still ma-h-h-h-hrvelous to watch!

You young ladies can drool over Daniel Craig, and you can leave the "oldies but goodies" to me! :o)

It's a good movie!! And the eye candy adds to watching it, you may want to put it on your TBW (To Be Watched) list..! But I will say that the books are still a bit better than the movie, so keep them on your TBR list if you haven't already read them.

9 Comments:

Blogger My Gallery of Worlds said...

I'm with you. Sam Elliott is hotter then heck, and he's still got better hair then mine...lol

3:41 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

animewookie: No kidding!! lol He's got me beat by a long shot!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Cath said...

I was really taken aback by Sam Elliott as Lee Scoresby. I hadn't cared much for the character in the book and had never heard of Sam Elliott. But the actor really made me sit up and take notice - I thought he was gorgeous! I think I'm going to be contrary and admit that I liked the movie better than the book.

7:15 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

LOL..ah Cath.. eyecandy sure can make a difference! lol lol..

Unlike you, I did like the character of Scorsby in the book before Sam Elliott... (who I've really liked for a long long time) he was cast well for that part.

You should see Sam in some of his old movies as a cowboy! oh yeah! hello! hahaha

7:19 PM  
Blogger Kim L said...

Glad you liked this one. I haven't seen it, although I did read the books. I just wasn't sure about this one, and I read so many negative reviews, I just didn't take the time.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

the only movie I've ever seen that WAS better than the book was
Chocolat

1:02 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

"can we say, "one of the sexiest voices around?!!"...oh yes, my dear, you most certainly can! And the rest of the package ain't so bad either!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

Pamela: I haven't read Chocolat but what I've heard about the book makes me agree with you. I love that film.

Deslily you crack me up! Nothing like starting the day with a chuckle.

8:45 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Kim: Other than the casting, it could have been a bit better but still one I am glad I did not miss seeing!

Pamela: hmmm I'd have to really think about all the books to movies I've seen..

Carl: Heyyyy...phaleeze don't tell me "old=dead" sheesh gimme a break! Long as I got eyes I will "look"! lol

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home