My Photo
Name:
Location: Vero Beach, Florida, United States

My name is Pat and I live in Florida. My skin will never be smooth again and my hair will never see color. I enjoy collecting autographs and playing in Paint Shop Pro.,along with reading and writing. Sometimes, I enjoy myself by doing volunteer "work" helping celebrities at autograph shows. I love animals and at one time I did volunteer work for Tippi Hedren's Shambala Preserve.

Monday, July 07, 2008

More Trials and Tribulations


The Olympic Trials are going along swimmingly ! (no groaning please)

Phelps is still winning each time he gets near water, and breaking records! His friend, Lochte, who keeps coming in second when Phelps wins, spurs him on to greater things... this is a good thing for the Olympics! We are sure to come away with a number of medals from those who have been there more than once!

Phelps female counterpart, Hoff, has won her 5 of 5 that she entered and so she is going to the Olympics too.

Did anyone see the Ms Torres, who is 41 yrs old and made the Olympic team.. again!? At 41 she is still beating out the younger generation.. how cool is that?!!

I did note that in Track and Field the highest any female got was 16 ft 1 1/2 inches and men break 19ft. Anyway, a few more records were broken, which is a good sign.

I still wonder if it's right that Paul Hamm go when he won't be able to practice at all for the weeks leading up to the Olympics, from his injury. I imagine this may well be his last Olympics and that's sad if he goes out like this.

Anyway... I do enjoy watching the trials and I hope there are still more to go... it helps with the anticipation.



AUGUST 8 TH... IT'S JUST AROUND THE CORNER!!


9 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

I'm bummed about Gay's injury - the runner. I'm sure I have his last name right, which means I probably have it wrong! But, why are they holding trials so close to the Olympics? One of our best runners gets hurt and who knows how he'll be on August 8?

I'm looking forward to the swimming, that's for sure.

cjh

10:21 AM  
Blogger Cath said...

Did you see the photos on The News of the coastal areas, in China, where they hope to hold the sailing events? I've never *seen* algae like that and wonder how on earth they can hope to get rid of it in time.

10:59 AM  
Blogger DesLily said...

cj: yeah I saw him fall .. the trials can be unforgiving that's for sure!

Cath: yes! isn't that disgusting?!! I've never seen anything like it either!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm sorry, I couldn't help but groan!

I listened to some of the summaries of this on the news this morning. I'm really excited about the Olympics, I hope we do well and I hope we don't get involved with a bunch of doping/cheating scandals. It would be nice to not have this experience marred.

And I'm all for supporting athletes in their 40s since I'm going to join that elite group in a few months!

12:14 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

Carl: now I'm the one groaning! Gimme a break! both of my sons are over 40!!! (well one is just 40 the other 42) so I don't want to hear one complaint when your turn comes! But I will allow you to complain all you want once you hit 60! Until then... you won't get any sympathy from me! lol

12:18 PM  
Blogger SQT said...

I lOVE the Olympics. And Torres is my new hero. I can only dream of looking that good at 41.

1:55 PM  
Blogger DesLily said...

sqt: yeah she's something isn't she?!! But I do wonder how she can have all those training hours with a baby at home?.. just curious.

2:06 PM  
Blogger chrisa511 said...

I'm so excited about the olympics this year! I've always loved them. Phelps is something else, huh? And he'll still have a couple more olympic games in him after these. Really sucks about Gay's leg...that was just sad. He was a good sport about it. Did you see the interview with him? Paul Hamm is an incredible gymnast, but I'm with you...I'm a little worried about him getting no practice in before the games! That's frightening!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Carl V. Anderson said...

I'm not really in the mood for sympathy anyway...it just feels like another year anyway, despite its societal importance. Some days my body feels 15 years old, other days it feels 80! But my mind and heart are just the age I want them to be so I certainly cannot complain.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home